Stores > Donor Drives
  • Donor Drives

800-733-0978
      support@donordrives.com
      800-733-0978

Voice your opinion! Review Donor Drives by clicking a star below.
2017-11-08

Just wanted th right hard drive is all

"Purchased on Amazon (PS3 replacement drive), sent wrong drive, tried to return to Amazon and it was sent back to me. Called Donor Drives directly and they said it had been over 30 days at that point and couldn’t do anything for me.

So, $20 later have a useless hard drive and a PS3 that still doesn’t work.

2017-02-20

Fast efficient service

"As the title says and also extremely helpful staff providing me with the information I needed about shipping and the PCBs I needed.

100% recommended.

2017-01-11

Best HDD Donors on the net :-)

"Donor Drives are my providers since long time ago, and I have faced any problem with their product or the shippment everything comes in perfect and professional condition, I found them the best across many donors... also their customer support is very helpful and quicker.... I wish all the best, and keep going...."

2016-07-01

Quick, fast and accurate!

"Received the exact model and firmware drives I ordered to rebuild a degraded RAID array. Drives were incredibly well packed and worked great."

PtY68's Avatar

Hungary
2016-05-04

Quick, correct, reliable

"The ordered item has arrived very quickly from the other side of this planet.
Thank you!

2016-03-03

Excellent site for data recovery pros

"I've been a customer for years now, and have always been happy with the company. Very professional and knowledgeable staff. They have been prompt with rush jobs and go the extra mile. The one time I had to make a return, the process was easy. Overall great!"

2015-12-27

"Nothing short of excellent. The item was right match, it arrived on time, and the price was reasonable.

Finding the right donor drive is not easy, and with other vendors I was disappointed in that I got something that was not a good fit.

With Donor Drives this was not the case, because they have a thorough description of the item's ID, *and* they tell you what to look for to get a good match.

I am very satisfied.

2015-08-24

"My first born's pictures are back. Great help from their staff too. "

2015-06-23

"Overall very good service. Got some good advice. Will definitely come back."

2015-04-30

"Ive ordered a donor PCB for my client. The shipment was fast. Just what I needed for a good price. Excellent! A pleasure to do business with."

2015-04-03

"I cannot really give my full rating in Donor Drive LLC, until im through with my transaction with them, but here is my story so far, my media packed up, i was so sure that it was the PCB because it did not pack-up at once, whenever it stops, i will remove the pcb and clean it with a methylated spirit, then heat it for a little while, before returning it back, after which the media will pick up, but not long enough for me to transfer all my data from it, then i will repeat the whole process all over again. so i decided to buy get another pcb, when i contacted donor drive, their customer service encouraged me to send my media so as to avoid compatibility issues and save time and that it will cost me about $185 dollars to replace my boards and ship them back to me, So I shipped the media to them, I shipped two because my friend equally has a bad media too (hard-disk) I shipped them at the cost of almost a $100, when the media finally arrived donor drive, they now ask me to pay $1950 to get them fix, the equally told me that it was the head crash and gave me this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_crash, this confirm my doubt because my media never fell on the floor or anything of such, they didn’t stop suddenly.
I am beginning to think that Donor Drives are scammers, and I think I will fight hard for the whole world to know that they are scammers, unless they prove other-wise, I will update you later

2015-01-31

"HORRIBLE. STAY AWAY!!! They were unable to repair drive, but charged me anyways. They sent the drive back 2nd Day FedEx. I never got it. Now, Donordrives claim that I should "deal with Fedex". Fedex says "You didn't pay for that shipping, have donor drives call us". I never signed for anything. Now I am out of $260 and Donor drive REFUSES to take responsibility for me not getting my HD back. "

2014-07-07

"On the one hand, I was thrilled that Donor Drives existed, and that I could find a PCB for my 2007 Western Digital hard drive. My drive crashed, and I wanted to explore a relatively inexpensive way of recovering the data. I thought it was pretty easy to find the right PCB on Donor Drives' web site, and the price was very fair. On the other hand, I'm not crazy about their customer service.

I placed the order on June 23 and immediately received an email confirmation that my order had been placed. This confirmation email said that I would receive another email notifying me when the product shipped, and supplying me with a tracking number.

Ten days passed, and I still had not received an email with the shipping info and tracking number. In the meantime, I found another way to recover the data. I wrote to Donor Drives asking if I could cancel the order, since it had still not shipped after 10 days. A long shot, but if it hadn't shipped, it might be okay for both me and Donor Drives.

Customer service informed me that it HAD shipped, on June 23, and was delivered on June 27. Okay, so no chance of canceling the order...that's no big deal, but there was a bigger issue: I never received the shipping email or the drive!

When I responded that I never received the shipping info email, or the drive, customer support nevertheless insisted that the email was sent and the drive was delivered, suggesting the email went to Spam. Of course, it did not go to Spam, because the confirmation email had no trouble passing the Spam filter. I checked anyway. No Spam. And no package.

Of course things get lost in the mail, and that's not Donor Drives' fault. However, I don't understand why I didn't get the shipping email with a tracking number so I could have addressed it sooner. Maybe that's not their fault either. Things still get lost in cyberspace sometimes.

More importantly, I didn't feel like customer service was sympathetic in the slightest. The person was not rude in any way, but nor was she concerned at all. It was basically like they were saying they sent the email and the package was delivered, so it must be my fault or someone else's. I was told I could read their terms and conditions.

I then asked if the package was insured. Customer service responded simply that first class mail is not insured. It felt a little condescending. I know first class mail is not insured, but how was I supposed to know that it was shipped first class (or even who the carrier was)? Maybe that's obvious to her because she works there, but from the consumer perspective, I just chose slow shipping on the Web site based on a quote that popped up. Maybe if I had received the shipping email I would have known that it was first class mail.

Anyway, would it have been too hard to say "I'm sorry you didn't get the shipping email"? Or to show some sympathy that the drive did not arrive (and maybe offer some suggestions or help for next steps)? Or wishing me "good luck" finding the package with the USPS?

2014-06-03

"I just wanted to tell you that I received the hard drive back today, and it looks like the logic board you installed made it possible for me to do a 100% data recovery on the drive! Literally hundreds of hours of work were saved for $60! I will definitely recommend your service to others, and won't hesitate to use your service if I ever need hard drive repair again!"

2014-05-08

"I had a wonderful experience with this company. I lost all of my data due to a power surge that killed my hard drive. After sending the drive to different data recovery companies and being told that I will have to pay hundreds of dollars to recover my lost data I found these guys. They were able to repair my hard drive for $60, not hundreds as the other companies told me. Their turnaround time is super fast, their sales team is honest and reliable, their communication is second to none, and best of all, I did not have to pay for an evaluation. I will definitely turn to Donor Drives in the future for all of my hard drive needs."

Share Donor Drives's store rating

Donor Drives is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Donor Drives is not a merchant member
Donor Drives does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!