Stores > Etsy.com
  • Etsy.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
Voice your opinion! Review Etsy.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-14

Not buyer friendly at all.

"I first began buying on Etsy over a decade ago. It was a wonderful experience, up until about 3 years ago that is. It seems quite a few of the shop owners that are now on Etsy are dishonest and basically selling items online that they could never sell in a brick and mortar shop. I have received items that are chipped, cracked, etc. that was never mentioned in the listing and I certainly did not pay discounted prices them either. Most recently, I purchased a SET of four drawer pulls from a shop owner on Etsy. Well, the seller decided "he did not intend to sell them as a set, but individually. That was not what the listing said at all. He was very nasty and immediately cancelled my order. I reported him to Etsy customer service. The representative apologized on "behalf" of the shop owner, but the actual shop owner was not reprimanded whatsoever. Etsy admitted that they "might" have to talk to the shop owner if any other buyers report him. The name of the shop is Zarahs.

On Etsy, it appears the shop owner is always right. As a buyer, you have no recourse. Etsy will simply not do anything on a buyer's behalf. If you receive a broken or damaged item...well too bad if the shop owner will not make it right. The same goes for a shop owner changing his mind about selling an item for a certain price or items as a set...too bad for the buyer.

The bottom line...AS A BUYER ON ETSY, YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROTECTION FROM DISHONEST SHOP OWNERS!!! BE CAREFUL.

2017-10-24

BUYER BEWARE!

"Fair Warning to anyone that thinks ETSY is a "cool" place to shop. Had a seller put glass in a box without proper wrapping for $134.50 and ship it. Of course it arrived broken. Here's what happens next with this site:
1. I contact ETSY seller "SHORTPANTS" to tell her the packing was not sufficient - she tells me I broke it and ignores any request for refund.
2. I contact ETSY "customer service" get form emails but never get any response from a human. This was over 2 weeks ago, and they have never contacted me.
3. I file claim with AMEX after figuring out I'm dealing with a scam artist. AMEX refunds me. Again ETSY never responds.
4. I close the claim and give negative feedback. ETSY REMOVES negative feedback. I you check you will find it very rare that anyone in fairyland (ETSY) ever had negative feedback.
I will never buy anything from this site again. Their support is nonexistant, unless you are a dishonest seller, then you have it. If it were not for paying with AMEX or Paypal you are screwed. At any rate how fair is it that such a seller gets to keep my money?????

2017-10-19

Rubbish Customer service who only care about sellers

"Anyone new to Etsy needs to be aware that when it comes to buyers they couldn't care less. I opened a case against a seller after waiting nearly three months for an item I'd paid for to arrive. I did this because the seller claimed that I was being unreasonable to expect to have received an item sent from Canada to London in that time period and assured me that I just needed to be patient. After checking the shipping times between Canada and the UK, I realised the seller was being less than honest, especially as they could not furnish proof of postage receive a . I believed that Etsy would agree I should receive a refund. However, a short while later I received a form email from an Etsy customer support person telling me that they decided in the seller's favour, as they had an admin number which was proof the item had been sent. I queried what an admin number was and was sent another form email this time claiming that the seller had shown them a tracking number as proof. This was news to me as the seller had told me that a tracking number was not available. I contacted Etsy again and this time was told it was not a tracking number but a 'shipping receipt' When I asked what that was, I was given a very convoluted explanation, which basically boiled down to the seller having printed off a shipping label from Etsy. I pointed out that was not proof that the seller had actually posted the item, just proof they had printed off a label and that I wanted to see proof of purchase. The Etsy representative tried to use the confidentiality excuse before admitting they had actually seen a proof of purchase. In other words, despite their 'investigations,' they had done no more than look to see if the seller had printed off one of their labels. I fail to see the purpose of inviting users of the site to open cases when they clearly can't be bothered to actually investigate. Instead they simply wait a few hours before emailing a draft email. The three I received from three different representatives were identical. But don't take my word for it, check out the scores of bad reviews they racked up and judge for yourself."

2017-10-10

Disgusted. Greedy, Unreasonable Corporate BS.

"I was a seller for years on Etsy. This past summer I ran into some serious family issues which put me behind on a few custom orders. Etsy decided to permanently close my store after a warning the month prior. I caught up on all orders and absolutely always communicated with my customers who mostly understood and were usually just questioning when they filled a "item not received" complaint. Now, my shop specifically stated sometimes items might take longer because of waiting on materials. It was literally not more than 5 complaints total. I even created and shipped $300.00 worth of items while Etsy held my money. They gave numerous excuses as to why, stating they would hold it for 6 months incase there was a return. No my return policy is 7 days. They have no right to not pay me for work I've done. They simply do not care for the small business owner period. Those handful of issues never seriously affected my business. They have no concept of the human reality that is, life gets in the way sometimes", you bounce back. But NOPE, they don't see that. They have no respect for the time and effort you putting into setting up shop. They think it is ok for "them" to dictate whats reasonable. Sorry Etsy there's other venues who don't make excuses for bad business policies and practices."

2017-09-25

Corrupt and unfair company

"Our shop was https://www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteJewelryCA

We were doing great, we had over 500 sales with every review being 5 stars (literally all of them). Our customers were super happy and we loved the marketplace. Then one day Etsy Legal contacts us and asks us about our process.

We then proceed to send them over 180 photos of everything we do, our handmade process of creating our rings. We hired a manufacturing company to purchase our ring blanks and inlaid our own raw materials into them, completely following Etsy's policies.

The next morning after I send the email over with all this evidence, they close our shop down and suspend it. I ask for a reason why, and they won't give me one. They just tell me that I'm not allowed to sell anymore and that I won't be receiving anymore responses from them, absolutely awful people. In the face of overwhelming evidence they won't reopen my shop. With the push of a button they closed off all earnings for my coworkers families and livelihood.

I used to respect this company and marketplace, I truly did. I didn't even go on any other marketplaces other than Etsy, I was loyal and followed the rules, but that still wasn't enough.

2017-09-13

Horrible service and waste of time

"I received 3 pieces of furniture from a company called Lodgetoloft. Two of them arrived damaged but all of them were made incorrectly and out of cheap material and would have been unusable reguardless. I filed a claim with Etsy and spent weeks arguing my case back and forth with the Seller. After waisting weeks of my time, Etsy said they could not rule in my favor because the items were damaged in the mail. They obviously did not read any of the documentation I presented because one item was not damaged, which I had mentioned repeatedly. By then it was too late to file a claim for just the one undamaged item because it had taken so long for them to review and because the Seller had taken 4 months to ship me the items. After it was denied I wrote to Etsy's management to explain why it was past the deadline of filing, that all the items were unusable, that the Seller had not filed a claim with Fedex and refused to sign a waiver to let me do it, and that I had found proof that the Seller had plagiarized and had used someone else's photos on Pinterest to advertise what they had sold me. The response I received back was more of the same. I received no help whatsoever. So they protected the Seller who had charged me almost $2,000 for 3 items I couldn't use and refused to file a claim with fedex or give me any kind of refund. They say they document it in the Seller's file but that does nothing to give me my time or money back."

2017-09-13

Recently Etsy has changed their policy

"Recently Etsy has changed their policy to one which forces buyers to accept bank cards and credit cards. Unfortunately what this means for sellers is very long wait timse for getting payed. I decided not to use Etsy anymore when it took 3 weeks for them to deposit the proceeds from my last sale into my bank. That is WAY too long. No more selling on Etsy for me!"

2017-09-01

Just Horrible

"I complained to Etsy about a seller who I believed misrepresented the product he was selling on their platform. Etsy never investigated intead, only stated that the complaint would be put on seller's file. I lost cost of shipping the items back to seller.
Also once items are returned, Etsy website doesn't allow you to review the product. I therefore couldn't warn other unsuspecting buyers about this particular seller.
If you are a buyer please avoid the platform because you wont get that much protection from Etsy.

2017-08-16

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"Etsy has no buyer proctection! I purchased an item that came not as described. When I attempted to discuss it with the Seller, she REFUSED to refund me. I had to open a claim to have an Etsy administrator get involved to force the seller to refund me the money. I was told to send the item back and provide proof or return shipping. I did that, and never received my money back!!!!!!!!! Therefore the seller has her item, the money and I have nothing. I WILL NEVER BUY OFF ETSY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2017-07-24

Ridiculous Treatment

" I tried to open an account with Etsy, and guess what? They shut down my account without giving me any reason and just said that I violated their policies. What policies? And what evidence did they have against me? Was it because Im Asian?

I asked for an appeal, and they said despite me complying to their regulations, they still think I will violate their terms. Now I clap for you, Etsy. It's like you are judging me? Hey, listen up Etsy. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE ME AND I DID NOTHING WRONG.

I Hope I Can Share Some Light On How Etsy Is Treating Me With Some Unheard Policies and Serving Me The Death Sentence Without Trial.

2017-07-22

I Got ripped off!!

"Absolutely the worst Customer service experience of my life!! I purchased a wreath from Dee's Custom Wreath for $68 including shipping. I put up the wreath at my front door which has a storm door. After a few weeks I noticed that the wreath has faded tremendously! I sent Dee's Custom Wreath and email and they stated that since it was in the sun they can not do anything for me!! Not a refund, replacement, 20% off next purchase, NOTHING!!! She stated they do not offer any refunds at all!! So I contacted Etsy thinking they are a pretty big company, they got to help right???? WRONG!!! I followed the procedure and within a week Etsy contacted me and stated that it's up the seller discretion and it's a used product and they can not return used products. Really? Your kidding me right? I got to be dreaming? Nope, I spoke to the manger she repeatedly stated that Etsy will not take back any product that is used! so I guess 2-3 weeks is considered used to Etsy? So pretty much I threw $68 down the drain! So let me get this straight I bought a wreath that lasted less then 3 weeks and I can't return it, exchange it, or get anything back for it? Please whatever you do, DONOT order from Etsy or Dee's Costume Wreath"

2017-07-22

Ripped off

"Never received my purchase never heard back from the seller or Etsy after contacting them eight times I just want a refund.."

2017-07-19

Never ever open a shop on etsy

"Etsy is an abusive company that may close your shop whenever they want, without explanation. Meanwhile,they let re-sellers stay there even if you flag them and report them. I had no open cases, no bad reviews. They shut me down because my gf was logging to her account (no stores, just shopping) from my PC and home. They did not explain anything, they did not let me explain anything, they did not say what was wrong in the first place and just shut me down. Later my gf contacted them about her account and that was their explanation. When you are honest and small business, they do not care about you. Probably you do not bring ebough money in etsy fees. Please, save your time, energy and money. Go shop and sell elsewhere."

2017-07-10

Rip off

"I paid money for a product that never showed. They gave me a tracking number and come to find out its not a tracking number at all. I'm suing them for fraud "

2017-06-16

NOT SURE ETSY IS SOMETHING ANYONE SHOULD CONSIDER OUTSIDE THEIR COUNTRY.

"THIS IS THE ITEM I HAD ORDERED BACK IN MARCH. TO DATE I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE ITEM. I CONNECTED WITH PAYPAL AND APPARENTLY THE SELLER NO LONGER HAS A LINK TO THEIR WEBSITE. THOUGH, I DID GO ON ETSY TO TRY AND FIND THE SELLER, THE NAME DUOSTEF https://www.etsy.com/shop/DuoStef?ref=hdr_shop_menu#policies. I ALSO FOUND A MESSAGE AFTER I SIGNED IN FROM THE SELLER 2 1/2 MONTHS AGO, WITH NO FOLLOW THROUGH TO MY EMAIL WHICH WAS GIVEN. PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED, SELLER THOUGHT THIS WAS ACCEPTABLE TO TAKE A PAYMENT AND NOT TRY TO CONNECT TO CUSTOMER, AGAIN, EVEN THOUGH AN EMAIL WAS GIVEN. THIS REVIEW SHOULD NOT DISCOURAGE YOU FROM ETSY, JUST KEEP UP WITH ETSY MESSAGES, YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN IN FOR ISSUES, QUESTIONS, AND UPDATES FROM SELLER. I LIKE ETSY AND WHAT IT OFFERS, AND FULLY SUPPORT OUR CREATIVE BEINGS. THOUGH, I WILL IN THE FUTURE STAY WITHIN THE U.S. FOR ORDERS. THE ONE STAR IS FOR ETSY AND THIER LACK OF POLICY AND EXPECTANCY FROM VENDOR TO CUSTOMER.

THIS IS THE ITEM I ORDERED AND TO DATE I HAVE NOT RECEIVED.
Hand Stamped Personalized Thin Nickel Silver Bracelet. Men's Custom Leather Bracelet. Initials Date Nameplate Bracelet. Han$27.78
Item #249544671
Shipping$5.56
Total$33.34

Share Etsy.com's store rating

Etsy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Etsy.com is not a merchant member
Etsy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!