Stores > Gilt Groupe

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review Gilt Groupe by clicking a star below.
2015-02-15

"Ordered my item 23JAN2015 and waited patiently to see when it was shipped. 99% of items I've bought over the internet was shipped within 2-3 days.
So, I "inquired" in the CHAT:
Christine: Good morning Chris
Christine : I am checking on the status of my order
Christine : #67396870
Christine : ??
Chris: We've been delayed in receiving the items from the vendor, but we're making every attempt to get them ASAP - The Estimated delivery date has been pushed back to reflect this
Christine : But is this going to be "indefinite" delivery? Do I just "wait" until the vendor sends the item?
Christine : if so, is there a time-limit to cancel the order? I do want the item, but I don't want to wait until June, July, ....
Christine : hello?=================

Brody Hehir, Feb 2, 12:22:
Hi Christine,
Thank you for reaching out.
Id be happy to shed some light on why your order is taking longer than you anticipated. When an order is noted as having an extended delivery at checkout (noted on the product detail page also), it means that we do not have the stock readily available in our warehouse to ship your way. This is the case with some of our most coveted stock as the vendor only releases a certain amount of it for sale on demand.
Instead, we reach out to the relevant vendor to place the order. Once our warehouse receives the inventory we fulfill all orders from that sale. As you can imagine, this process can take a longer time to complete than if we had the items in our own hubs. Upon review of the order, I can confirm that the projected delivery period for your order is between Wed 2/11/15 to Tue 2/17/15.I hope that this clarifies the reason for the extended delivery, however, if you have any further questions on this, you can also contact us on live chat here- www.gilt.com/support
Warm regards,

I decided to email Gilt directly: AND RECEIVED A CANNED RESPONSE.....
Customer Service-I was chatting with Chris but he/she was alittle slow with the answers. So, I decided to contact Gilt via email. I emailed you earlier this month with the same question and received basically the same answer. Now I just want to know How long does a customer have to wait to receive their order? Indefinitely??
I would appreciate some type of acceptable response.--------
Hi Christine, Thank you for reaching out. We are currently experiencing an unexpected delay in receiving your merchandise from NuBrilliance, but expect to ship your order as soon as possible. Once your order ships, an email will be sent to the address on file containing a specific tracking link which you can use to follow the delivery to your door. Sadly due to this delay I would be unable to provide an exact or estimated delivery for you. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused! "

2015-02-13

"If you need an item by a certain date, do NOT order it from Gilt.com.

Items arrive much later than the stated estimated arrival date. Three of my latest (and last) purchases from them arrived 2 months late, 2 weeks late, and 2 weeks and counting (still not here). It seems to be particularly bad for any item from their home store.

2015-02-05

"I am a very good customer by Gilt and order lots of stuff, however unfortunately i am very disappointed with there customer service how they deal with there good excising customer. There was a great offer of 30% off which my friends saw when searching on Google for any promo code for gilt.
They all got the promo code and they never shopped there before. However i am a frequent customer and order lots of stuff there, and guess what i was not able to use the promo code, meaning they dont cherish there good customers, i found out there is so many offers given to people and not to there good customers. I was about to place a order and cancelled the entire order after this horrible customer service and finding out that they dont even cherish and value there customers.

2015-02-04

"This place is a rip off. I recently found a dress for my wife. It was $69 from originally $120 - great right? Wrong! Shopping and handling was $38! I emailed customer service with item and first response was that wasn't unreasonable for large or items that needed to be assembled. I restated that it was a dress that weighed 2 lbs and coming from US. They just said they will look into it and for ME to check back in a few days to see if price changed. A few days later I checked back on another dress and was $68.50 for S&H for a $40 dress. Look at done print - this place is Unethical and trying to con third buyers in buying low cost items but screwing them on S&H charges. "

2015-02-03

"Horrible company structure and policies. Bought a pair of 7 for all mankind jeans and they were fake. But can only do in store credit even though they sent me fake sevems. There isnt any company integrity, just stick with zappos or Nordstrom. "

2015-01-13

"As other reviews echo, this company has hands down the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of any online company out there. They sent my item to the WRONG address and then told me I should reach out to whoever lived at that address and ask for the package... ?!?!?! They completely refused to refund the product. I only wish I could give them zero stars.

STAY AWAY from Gilt

(it also took over a month for the item to be shipped... to the wrong address)

2015-01-12

"Honestly Gilt has quite a lot of products and deals that are enticing but the shopping experience including their return policies is absolutely the worst.

First, they don't accept returns from all countries which is bizarre compared to other online shopping websites.
Second, the recent order I purchased should have come with a return label (as the country qualifies for return) but it didn't - had to speak to two separate customer service agents and was told to just email them. Nice.
Third, the return and handling fees are just ridiculous - it is just as expensive as the price I've paid for the good which meant that I could only get a refund of 15% of the original price + shipping. Such nonsense because then why accept returns at all? Or what is the point of getting a refund? Not sure about US deliveries but international deliveries for Gilt are horrible.

2014-12-31

"I bought a dress that was listed on Gilt for $500 but with an extra 40% off, so I only paid $300. The website said that the dress retailed for $1360. I received the dress yesterday which had a tag that stated the MSRP was $698. Yes, the gilt price is still a discount but not the 80% off I thought I was getting. I wrote customer service upset about how I was deceived and I was told that the purchase was non-refundable so they couldn't do anything for me. Evidently misrepresenting their products is okay. I will not be shopping at Gilt again."

2014-12-29

Purchased what was supposed to be a new, authentic Roberto Coin gold & diamond bracelet. It arrived packaged in a flimsy plastic bag--not the box that all new Roberto Coin jewelry is packaged in--and had no papers to attest to its authenticity, which also comes with all new Roberto Coin jewelry. There is also a defect in the bracelet. I have tried working with customer service, including sending a picture of the defect. They replied that the picture was not good enough; however, everyone else I have shown it to can immediately pick out the defect. As to why it came with no box or papers, I was told that the description did not indicate it came with these, and I would just have to take their word that it is authentic. At best I believe I was sold a "second" or at worst a "knock off." This was an expensive mistake; one I will not make again. I will no longer be purchasing anything from Gilt.
I have also contacted the Department of State Division of Consumer Protection for New York State.

2014-12-28

"A very dishonest merchant! I purchased a Balenciaga bag for $1469 (orig price is $1835). First I found the authenticity cards are missing. Contacted their customer service and was told the description doesn't say the cards come with the bag. I was unsatisfied with the reply because every bag has these cards coming out of the factory. Then I purchased another bag from Neiman Marcus. After comparing the two bags, I found the bag from Gilt was a used one! The quality is much worse than the NM one. There is no leather smell, the tassel split, stains on the bag, lack of authenticity cards etc. These all confirm that the bag is a used one. In front of these facts, they still don't admit the facts and claim the bag is brand new. This is the most terrible shopping experience I had in the US. They just try to grab money by describing the product dishonestly and enforcing their final sale and no return policy. I will pursue further help in law for their scam behavior!"

2014-12-16

"Be careful - I ended up with a suitcase that I could easily fit into - much too large for me to use to travel with - because they won't take a return. This may not be true of all their items but it was a $400 suitcase and it is much larger than I thought it would be but they won't let me return it. I won't be using gilt again and I would say be very careful if you do! Here's the really unfortunate part - I could have purchased this from almost any other retailer for the same price or less (did not realize this until they refused to let me return it) and from any of them luggage is always returnable, even after it has been used if something breaks or doesn't work. Please don't use this site, their customer service is the most unreasonable and unpleasant of any."

2014-12-08

"When I first opened the box from Gilt, this is what I saw. (The links below are safe cause those are from gilt email account I sent to service@gilt.com)

I've never seen these kinds of packaging anywhere.
Used box, wrapped up with used plastic bags, no box of the product ended up being all over the dust.
I contacted its customer service, and show this to a representative. She didn't seem care very much, but she said I will get you $10 refund. Get $10 refund or just return it. Since I hate to return stuff, I decided to get $10 refund. However, when I took the product out of the box and took a look at it, I found this.

It was used one they sent me! Look at the onion residue totally dried up. I felt terrible!
I contacted the customer center again, and got a full refund. I threw it out of my house right away.
Well, I guess they sell nice stuff described as brand new item at low cost by sending used items.
It was the worst online shopping experience ever.

+ They read my review, and I got a sincere apology from Gilt's customer care team. Even thought what happened to me is still unacceptable, I will rate its customer service better.

2014-12-02

"I buy from this site every 2-3 months. They usually have good deals and I particularly like their deals on toys and kids clothes. Their shipping is very fast, you only have to be careful with non-returnable items as once they ship you cannot change the order anymore. Unfortunately they do not ship big items internationally so I sometimes miss out on great deals :)

Their customer service is ok, some people are great and understanding and others not so much so thats why I only give them a three for service. it really depends on who you are dealing with.

So far I never had issues with the stuff I bought, They are in impeccable condition and are exactly what I expected. If the size is wrong you send it back and if they have stock they will send another size or give store credit.

2014-11-18

"Received a holiday offer from Gilt in the mail and was unable to use it. Gilt sends different offers to different people"

2014-11-15

"I ordered a bomber jacket and ended up getting a sweater instead. I requested that I have that right item exchanged only to be told the item was sold out and they may never have it in stock again. They also claimed they did not place orders for customers and I would be placed on the wait list for it. Pretty much, they just want me to return the sweater and say tough luck. This is totally shit service and they really do not care all that much about how satisfied you are."

Share Gilt Groupe's store rating

Gilt Groupe is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gilt Groupe is not a merchant member
Gilt Groupe does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!