Two Education Circle

Shipping & packaging: 8.90/10
Customer service: 8.42/10
Return/Replacement policy: 7.86/10
2018-03-22

some glaring deficiencies, but overall a great trip

"How does one have an Antarctica expert who has NEVER been to Antarctica? I think Go Ahead needs to work on this....there were several glaring omissions and incorrect information given to us prior to our trip which caused negative impressions and angst. Overall, the trip was great. The MV Ushuaia is a very SMALL ship (smaller than most) that can get tossed around crossing the Drake passage. The lectures on board were mediocre at best, but Victoria (one of the leaders) was personable and very knowledgeable. I would recommend this trip to anyone with an adventurous spirit but do your homework and research ahead of time."

2018-03-16

Saw a whole lot for a little, thank you Go Ahead/Alejandro

"We had a great time with Go ahead, from the very start when we met our guide Alejandro at the airport to the morning 9 days later when he helped us at the hotel, board our shuttle back to the airport. He was there to take us to many well known historical places, most I had only read about, and many new places and experiences that were brand new to me. Saw a whole lot for a little, thank you Go Ahead/Alejandro"

2018-03-13

Trip of a lifetime!!

"My husband and I took the Kenya Safari tour and absolutely loved it. This was our second tour with GoAhead and we are now busy planning trip #3. Our driver Dominic was the best. He was well informed, enthusiastic and truly a lot of fun. The animals and scenery on the trip was spectacular and made this vacation a “trip of a lifetime “. My only complaint was athe amount of travel time in the vehicles. However, that being said, Kenya is vast and to see everything we did, including the “Big 5” you have to log a lot of hours in the land rover. I would go again in a minute. "

2018-03-12

Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands

"All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Beautiful Cathedrals the first day and a bus ride into the mountains the second day. A luncheon high in the mountains surrounded by beautiful hummingbirds while overlooking the cloud shrouded Mindo valley below.

And the Galapagos Islands themselves was an adventure to remembered forever. I cannot begin to describe all the wonderful adventures we shared with our fellow travelers, or all the wildlife we were able to see. Everyday was a new adventure as we stormed one beach after another, never knowing what we would find on this island or the next. Sea lions, fur seals, penguins and iguanas, and of course blue footed boobies, And giant turtles! These slow moving monsters were plentiful on some islands and unseen on others.

Our last evening was spent in a beautiful Spanish hacienda, high in the Andes Mountains. Such a relaxing evening, our room had a roaring fire in the fireplace and hot water bottles in the bed to warm it for us. (It reminded my wife of growing up in New Zealand without central heating, where they were a welcomed bed time companion.)

A true "Bucket List" destination!

“Hi Edson,

Thank you so much for your detailed review! Your tour sounds action (and nature) packed! We love to hear about these adventures and thrilled to know that Go Ahead could help check off this "Bucket List" destination for the both of of you. Please let us know when you are ready to travel again!”

2018-02-27

Northern Lights Tour to Iceland

"This was a fantastic experience. I was a little apprehensive getting out of my comfort zone and going by myself but I met so many great people and several other singles and even though most of them were younger than me, they let me "tag along". The tour was so much more than I was expecting. Our tour guide was fantastic as well as the bus driver. The hotel was very nice and everything we did was so interesting and fun. Nothing I would have ever done. Everyone thought I was crazy going to Iceland in the winter but actually it was warmer there than at home and that is the only time to see the Northern Lights which we were lucky enough to see. Overall I would recommend the Iceland trips. Iceland is not cheap but as long as you plan on that you will have a fantastic time!!! "

Posted Feb-27-2018

“Hi Diana, Thanks for sharing more about your experience with Go Ahead in Iceland! We're so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time. We look forward to welcoming you on your next Go Ahead trip!”

2018-02-23

The people who answered my questions when I called Go Ahead

"The people who answered questions at Go Ahead before I went on the trip to Kenya said a lot of things were required, such as neutral colored clothing only and bags with no hard sides only. I went to a lot of time and cost to adhere to this only to go and see almost everyone in the group wear whatever colors they wanted and take whatever suitcases they wanted. Everyone had wheels except me, which was a big hassle!

I don't understand how that could have happened unless they got different info. than me, or maybe they knew not to pay attention to the "rules".

I'm very discouraged about going on another tour with Go Ahead.

“Hi Mary,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your tour to Kenya. We regret to hear that you feel misled by the pre-tour information provided by our service team. All of our travelers receive the same information regarding the luggage requirements and clothing suggestions. The safari vehicles are typically very strict with the type of luggage allowed. The reason neutral colored clothing is recommended is to make the most of your game rides as bright colors can scare the animals away. This information comes directly from our team of safari experts and though we cannot guarantee all travelers will abide by these guidelines, we do try to urge the importance and benefits of these recommendations. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you on tour again soon. Please feel free to reach out at (800) 597-0350 to us to discuss any component of your tour further. ”

2018-02-23

A TRIP OF A LIFETIME for my 65th Birthday

"This was truly the best "To Heather.....I love you a lot, Heather" gifts I have given myself.

The experience was a true adventure from the beginning to the end. Early on I came to the conclusion I could never drive in Africa. I was a bit nervous at first. I gave up that notion right away and settled in to trusting my drivers abilities to conquer the rough roads. I came prepared for the rough roads bringing an inflatable cushion. It made my trip more comfortable over the two weeks I was there.

My guides, Domonic and James made my trip. They were the keystone to my remarkable Safari. They looked after driving and being our guides. Our wishes was their command. James, for example, even found us a snake eating bird capturing and eating a snake after Mitzi asked for what we a thought was the impossible. They made sure each day was more memorable than the one before. They shared history of the country and animals. There was a lot of laughter onboard our vehicle. My pictures were amazing. People at home cannot believe we saw so many animals. My delight was finding cats in trees.

I had the vacation of a lifetime. They were the best ambassadors of Africa. I left with the best memories.

Sam (our director) and our amazing drivers Dominic in Kenya and James in Tanzania

Posted Apr-19-2018

“Wow, Heather! Thank you for much for that glowing review. While we aren't surprised that you loved this tour, we are still so thrilled to hear all the fun details of your adventure through Kenya. We hope to celebrate your 66th with you next year! Please let us know when you're ready to travel again. ”

2018-02-09

A couple of problems.....

"Excursion canceled; no refund yet! It's been 3 months & I just can't seem to get it out of them. They owe us $150. I have made 2 phone calls & I am getting the run around. The air scheduling was bad in that it took us about 30 hours to get there. Do your own airfares and scheduling. The tour director was excellent, food was excellent, all but a couple of the hotels were excellent, the two others were just mediocre and other excursions were excellent. Bus transportation on excursions was excellent using new buses that were clean, comfortable and efficient."

Posted Feb-21-2018

“Good morning Greta, thanks for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed most components of your trip. We regret to hear that the flights did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to give us a call to discuss this further. As for the refund from the cancelled excursion, I see that you were credited on 02/12. Though we try our best to process all refunds as quickly as possible after your return, it can take up to 3 months to get the reports back from our Tour Directors as they are sent by mail from our offices overseas. Despite this, we are happy to hear that you had a good time in Australia and New Zealand with Go Ahead. We hope to welcome you on another tour in the future. ”

2018-01-31

Costa Rica Adventure!

"Go Ahead, you did it again! Our recent trip to Costa Rica was fantastic. From the beautiful hotels (even eco-friendly), to the exciting tours, everything was perfect. How often are you awakened to the sounds of monkeys and birds calling to each other? Or monkeys waiting on the roof to greet you? So fun!!! Our next hotel view was of the Arenal Volcano... spectacular! Our Night Tour brought us sightings of sloths, tarantulas, brightly colored frogs and toucans! We saw three! (Should we call them “ThreeCans”?)

We enjoyed our tour guide, Edgar, very much. Friendly, cordial and very knowledgeable. We enjoyed his insights about the flora and fauna of Costa Rica. He was lots of fun.

A word about our fellow travelers... Wonderful! We all had so much fun together. They were such a flexible, fun and outgoing group of people. We spent our last evening together until very late, talking, laughing and reminiscing. No one wanted to leave. We have found Go Ahead travelers to be fun people - ready to experience the best of the area they’re visiting, but also willing to take on some of the uncomfortable parts as well. We encountered our share of rain, but everyone was prepared for a trip to the rain forest and cloud forest and enjoyed every bit of it.

This was our second Go Ahead Tour. We will be back for a third very soon.

Posted Feb-07-2018

“Thank you for that amazing review Diane! We agree with you, Costa Rica is simply fantastic! From the wildlife to the flora and fauna, it's unbelievable! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time exploring and truly appreciate you sharing your experience with Go Ahead. We can't wait to welcome you on your 3rd tour! ”

2018-01-30

Christmas Markets of Eastern Europe 2018

"Our trip from beginning to end was one of our most incredible, fascinating, learning experiences of all of our travels. Exploring the capital cities Warsaw, Budapest , Bratislava, Prague and Vienna leaves travelers speechless and wanting more. Our guide could not have been better!"

Posted Feb-07-2018

“Hi Victoria, we are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed all components of your trip. While we love the educational aspect of travel, we are equally passionate about the joy it can bring. Thank you for choosing Go Ahead and sharing your experience with us. We can’t wait to welcome you on another tour!”

2018-01-23

Travel with Go Ahead Tours

"I have found Go Ahead Tours to be fabulous on the two tours that I have taken with them so far. Another one booked already for the Spring. Courteous, knowledgeable, friendly right from the initial booking to finally heading home and saying goodbye to the tour director. It makes for a very stress free vacation. Hotels are great, dining is always fun at the restaurants that are picked for us. Sights and excursions are wonderful."

Posted Feb-07-2018

“Hi Wendy, Thanks for sharing more about your experience with Go Ahead Tours! We're so happy to hear that you had such a fabulous time on your previous trips. We look forward to welcoming you on your next tour!”

2018-01-16

Disappointed

"This was my first solo vacation tour. In the past I have traveled the world extensively for business and often with friends. I was disappointed in the choice of supplemental tours offered. I felt that places like Ayers Rock should have included supplemental tours to ride camels and star gazing. I only found out about this after- that is one of the reasons to join a tour group. They are supposed to do the research. Additionally, a last minute change left us with ah very boring busied threw the outback w/o wi-fi or even a decent bathroom on the bus. This is not acceptable to me. The hotel in Sydney was ridiculous - they give you a note stating that because of their poor installation of smoke detectors they may go off if you keep the bathroom door open while you shower. If the alarm goes off you will have to pay them $150. That is not the hotel standard a tour group should use. They also did to provide washcloths- every other hotel we stayed out did that. The tour guide was very good- However i do not think I will ever use this tour company again.

Posted Feb-07-2018

“Hi Leah, thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write an online review. We regret to hear that this experience did not meet your expectations, especially the hotel in Sydney and tour inclusions. We would love to discuss this further with you, please feel free to give us a call at your earliest convenience at 800-597-0350.”

2018-01-16

Trip of A lifetime

"The trip was a wonderful experience."

Posted Feb-07-2018

“Hi Ricky, we are so glad to hear it! Thank you for choosing Go Ahead and we hope to welcome you on tour again soon!”

2018-01-10

Blah a little but...

"First of all, our tour director Emilio was not much of help. During our free stay he never suggested on where or what to do for us clueless travelers. The worst one when we found out our paid excursion was cancelled and we could have signed up for the Versailles right away if we have known earlier. He doesn’t converse with us and looks like he’s looking ahead of the next tour rather than taking care of us. What made me more mad is the farewell dinner in Barcelona which happen to be a nice place and tool late for us to enjoy. He could at least suggested this area for us to explore rather than us figuring out where to dine or hang out. Not please with this last tour.

Oscar Ravago in Honolulu Hawaii

“Hi Oscar,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that aspects of your tour, especially your experience with your Tour Director, did not meet your expectations. We have shared all of the information you gave with our operations and tour director management team. We would love to discuss this in depth with you, please feel free to give us a call at your earliest convenience at 800-597-0350.”

2018-01-04

Europe tour

"It was good thought it was too fast of pace information needs improved and need more help with luggage better hotels"

Posted Jan-09-2018

“Hi Eddie, thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your tour overall. At Go Ahead, we are always eager to improve our itineraries and inclusions, so we have taken careful note of your suggestions for future tour updates. ”

Share Go Ahead Tours's store rating

Go Ahead Tours is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Go Ahead Tours is a merchant member
Go Ahead Tours participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,438 merchant members.