Stores > Laptops Direct
  • Laptops Direct

Voice your opinion! Review Laptops Direct by clicking a star below.
2017-12-11

TOTAL FRAUD!!! THIEFS

"i ordered on October, it's December and they keep sending emails there's a delay with the order, i want to cancel it and apparently it is impossible!! this is a BIG FRAUD!!!"

2017-11-26

BUYERS BEWARE

"BUYERS BEWARE: Laptops Direct / BuyitDirect / Direct Tvs / AppliancesDirect/ DronesDirect – they use 0871 PREMIUM NUMBER at minimum for their Sales / General enquires / information - expect to be charged hefty amount on your bills. Modern day fraud – can’t believe they are getting away with it! If you are being robbed even before buying, then what do you expect their after care to be!"

2017-11-15

Product was bad then customer service was even worse

"Laptops Direct are quick to take your money but should you need customer service then at that point you will get the run around, excuses, and the kitchen sink in order to not give you a refund.

They delivered a defective computer i.e. stone cold dead. It was returned (to their supplier - they don't actually have ANY computers in stock, they simply pass the order on to any number of 3rd parties) and accepted as being faulty, yet **** took over a month to get my money back.

If you check out their reviews on here and other review sites you will be shocked by how many people have similar experiences of their truly awful, duplicitous customer service

2017-11-07

Wrong goods... then .... BAD customer service

"Ordered a Laptop, got sent a computer mouse - contacted customer service who said they would TRY to call me back within 2 days!

... and until they had completed their investigation I would not get a refund.

No investigation needed - I return the goods, I get my money back.

Shocking attitude of customer services and no interest in following the Distance Selling Regs - avoid these people at all costs

2017-11-07

Liars - They don't give you the item you pay for

"I bought a laptop, which was advertised as containing a set of hardware however the laptop I received did not contain that hardware, it contained 4x less specification hardware. When I questioned this, the company said they didn't sell it as having the other hardware - I sent a screenshot where it clearly says in the description it would contain that, and they didn't comment and just said they weren't prepared to do anything about it or even take responsibility for their advertisements.

So be careful - you probably don't have what you believe you bought, and if that's the case, they won't take responsibility for it.

2017-10-10

Appalling customer service

"Appalling customer service

Appalling customer service - I will never shop with these guys again. THEY incorrectly processed an order twice. I then changed my mind and cancelled what should have been one order, but because the order was processed twice I received delivery of the item anyway, as I was meant to have cancelled two duplicate orders (but I had no reason to know this, as only one order was placed). They won't take account for errors at their end or problems with the way their systems process orders and pick up the incorrectly delivered item for free - they are charging me for it.

They say 'no quibble returns policy' if you have any issues on their website - 'you'll receive all your money back'. This is misleading - you'll have to pay for the return postage. If you open your item (luckily I didn't), you have to pay a restocking fee.

Customer service rude and unhelpful (3 separate individuals). Their attitude is 'this is what happened, we won't accept any other version, if you don't like it, tough'. Their direct attitude and way of taking to customers leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Customer service representatives should try and understand their customers when things go wrong, instead of dismissing concerns outright.

If you want to buy a laptop, order elsewhere - either direct from manufacturer or somewhere like Amazon where the returns are made easier and they treat their customers better. Companies like Amazon or the manufacturers themselves if you order direct, will take return of laptops for free if you are not happy for whatever reason - even if you have opened them and used them. LaptopsDirect are charging me for an unopened order! If I had opened it, they would charge a 'restocking fee'. What would happen if I used it and found it to be faulty, and wanted to return? Would they accept it? I don't know, but that's a risk I cannot take so I will never order with these guys in the future - it's not worth the risk.

When will companies learn - provide good customer service, and you'll reap the benefits in the long-term by repeat custom. No repeat custom from me. They now lose out on many hundreds of pounds as I will be buying my laptop elsewhere. It just doesn't make any sense.

In a way I am happy these errors have occurred, as I now know what their customer service and returns policy is like. Once they have your money they don't care - you're on your own. I have gained insight into how this company treats their customers, and I now know it is not safe to order from them in case something goes wrong. When you spend a lot of money on electronics you need the security to know that you can return an item if there are problems with it. This company does not provide that security. I don't trust them at all.

Just look around the internet for reviews of this company on other websites. Many others have described similar issues.

2017-09-06

TERRIBLE

"AVOID! They employ chronic liars and try to weasel their way out of a contract. I bought 13 graphics cards that went up in price the day after and was also a large order...

Was told the items would be here by the 23rd of Aug. No graphics cards were received by the evening on the 24th so I left them a message and the response was their customer support acting dumb...

Called up to complain and was told a manager would call back - eventually they did and promised a discount plus all the cards.

I must have phoned up nearly every day for about a week and a half to be constantly told they would "get back to me," and I was also told that the product price had increased and they attempted to change the order to a different product which was cheaper than the now more expensive product I ordered. I refused and they offered a refund, I said no. I told them that they sold me those cards and they must honour the contract.

Eventually was told they had a new supplier who could provide all 13... Was called back later to be told they can only get 10... Called back the following day to ensure that they were actually coming and the woman told me they hadn't been shipped and the supplier ran out...

Eventually I get a note through the door saying a parcel is awaiting me from Overclockers UK (obviously who they had to buy these with), so I collected the 10 graphics cards finally about 2 weeks later.

They are LIARS, cheats, they try to get you to pay more if the price goes up (you don't need to, that's their problem), tried to get me to cancel, and were also terrible customer service.

Avoid like the PLAGUE.

2017-06-21

Horrible experience!

"Horrible experience! I made an order but because of a misunderstanding I cancelled the order. The lady on the phone was really rude and she did not even try to help and get me into trouble. This is one of the worst experince I have ever had."

2017-05-31

Horrible experience

"I had the worst experience with this company! They sent me a laptop with a charger that didn't fit. I explaining them the issue and that I thought the problem was the port but they insisted in sending me a different charger that of course didn't fit once again. I brought my laptop to a technical service as I had to give a presentation at work and I needed my laptop urgently. I contacted this company to explain this and they did not contacted me back. As I expected, the problem was the port and no the charger. I contacted them back explaining them the problem and now they are arguing that my guarantee (that I purchased for 3 years) is not longer valid! They did NOTHING to sorted out my problem and instead of apologise for their lack of knowledge and capability, they are just washing their hands clean of this!! Terrible experience, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!"

2017-05-17

Ordered a laptop that was "In Stock"

"Ordered a laptop that was "In Stock" and paid extra for rapid delivery 1-2 business days to Dublin. 6 days later no laptop, item not dispatched on order summary and no replies at all from them. If you are thinking about ordering from them DON'T, go anywhere else it will be quicker and less painful!"

2016-02-16

What a rip off

"I tried to return a laptop having read "no quibble returns" only to find the no quibble was going to cost me 10% plus up to £20 postage as I had ordered it under a company name and they would have to open it to make sure it was OK even though it was still sealed!!!
No quibble taking it back but be prepared to get stung!!
poor service and definately won't use again!!

2015-12-11

"Based on my own experience and the many negative reviews posted online, this company is clearly engaging in all sorts of shady practices.
I ordered a laptop based on the particular spec which was not available elsewhere. I called to confirm that this spec was correct before buying and was told that it was. The item arrived within a reasonable period of time (BTW, they charged me a 1.5% surcharge for using a credit card even though I used a debit card for the purchase), but I could immediately see from the spec breakdown on the box that it was not as advertised. I then had to make several calls to their customer service team due to people not getting back to me or the line suspiciously getting cut whilst being put on hold. I am convinced that they have an internal policy to try to wear customers down with this carry-on in an attempt to get them to give up. I finally got them to agree to let me return the item, but at no point did they officially recognise that this was a mis-sold item and despite my efforts to get them to amend the incorrect description of the item, it hasn't been changed. They agreed over the phone to arrange a pick-up for the item (as I made it clear that I would not be paying shipping costs for their mistake). However, a few days later I received an e-mail asking me to arrange the shipping. I then had to go back and make a further several calls to get them to cover the shipping cost (all the while having to use their premium rate number line.....have to think that their delay tactics are tied in with making money from the calls). I also noticed that a few days after I purchased the item, they increased its price by £200 and claimed that it had been reduced by 9%! This was clearly a complete fabrication. I brought this up but was met with responses along the lines of "that's a different department, I don't have anything to do with that".
My advice is to keep away from these guys, it's not worth the considerably higher risk of having issues that will cost you at the very least a lot of time to resolve, even if they have a competitive price.

2015-10-06

"i was bought a laptop as a gift in june 2015 only for it to go faulty 3 months down the line, i contacted laptops direct and was told to contact the Acer to arrange for it to be fixed, i did this and 1 week later it came back with 2 more faults, so i contacted laptops direct again and explained to them what happened and they didnt want to know and put the phone down on me, i sent it back to Acer again and the following day it came back with 2 more faults on it, i spoke to laptops direct again and they still dont want to know, they wre suppose to contact me and they havent which i expected, ive gone to the CAB for advice now as fed up with them. dont buy anything from these rob dogs as they dont want to know."

2015-07-29

"SHOCKING !! MY DAUGHTER BOUGHT A LAPTOP WITH HER MONEY FROM HER STUDENT LOAN - 6 MONTHS LATER THE MEMORY HAS PACKED UP - £289 DOWN THE DRAIN AS IT COMES WITH A 3 MONTH WARRANTY - SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSWHERE PEOPLE"

2015-05-12

"I bought a dashcam from Laptops Direct that is incapable of doing what it should, i.e. reading a number plate in motion! Even when I'm parked it cannot focus on passing cars plates.

Can I get them to RMA it - not a chance. They just argue and argue. It's taken me weeks to get to this stage and still they won't refund it. Every time you call or e-note them, you get a different rep who just repeats what the last one did - useless and time-wasting.

STAY AWAY !!!

Share Laptops Direct's store rating

Laptops Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Laptops Direct is not a merchant member
Laptops Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!