Stores > Lensauthority.com

• checkmark icon FedEx Ground
    • checkmark icon FedEx Express

Product & services pricing Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.72/10 9.72/10
Voice your opinion! Review Lensauthority.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-15

Nikon 35 mm lens is a tiny wonder

"Lens is clean, optics flawless and a gem of a small lens."

2017-11-12

It can be scary to buy an expensive lens through a reseller, but my experience was perfect.

"So lensauthority.com is where lensrentals.com sells their lenses, or at least that's what people seem to suggest online.

I'm lucky enough to own a brand new Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR, and I wanted to get a Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR to compliment it when my wife and I are doing wildlife photography. The 800 is *insane*, so I know how well a high-end Nikon lens can perform.

So as much as I *really wanted* the 400mm, I really also didn't want to spend a fortune on it. The thing about these "pro lenses" is that they retain their value absurdly well, so it's nearly impossible to get them at a heavy discount.

Sure enough lensauthority had two of these 400mm lenses available for what amounted to about a 15% discount. That's not a huge savings, but for these lenses it saves about $1,500. There was an "excellent" and a "very good", I went with the "excellent" condition one which was only $200 more.

I'm not 100% sure that I'd say the cosmetics of the lens itself were "excellent" (more like "very good")... I know I certainly take care of my 800mm more than this lens was. That said, I'm wrapping this baby up in camo, and all that's left is the glass condition and performance of the lens. The glass, which matters a lot more than cosmetics, is (amazingly) flawless. My guess is lensauthority cleaned it packaging, but regardless... it was *perfect*. That being said, even if it weren't, it really doesn't matter much at that focal length. The auto-focus is every bit as good as it should be (again, I can compare to my 800mm).

So yeah, while I was only saving ~15%, I still think it was worth it to buy used through lensauthority.

I will be buying every lens I get through them going forward. You're only shaving off a small percent off new, but when these lenses hold their value so well it's like guaranteeing it will resell well.

Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised by the lens I got. I know there are a lot of good reviews of this company on this site, and it's nice to see they are justified.

2017-11-12

Excellent experience

"I purchased a used 70-200 lens from LensAuthority.com. My order was processed promptly and the company thoroughly communicated all the shipping and tracking information. The lens was extremely well packed and its condition ("excellent") was exactly as described. In fact, it was hard to detect that it had been used at all, much less as a rental lens. The lens also works perfectly and has no optical or mechanical problems. This was a fairly expensive purchase, and I decided to buy from LensAuthority because its parent company, Lens Rentals, conducts extensive testing and service on all of its rental equipment. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience and feel that one can purchase used equipment from LensAuthority.com and feel confident in its condition."

2017-10-27

Nikon D810

"My Nikon d810 arrived today and I could not be more pleased. I ordered it along with a Tamron 24-70. Both the camera and lens look brand new. They were well packed with plenty of shipping material and everything was nicely sealed. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. They are a great company to do business with!"

2017-10-05

Great

"Good stuff! I admittedly thought the website looked a bit =too good to be true but it wasn't! Got a used Ronin-M from them. Also, they proactively contacted me immediately to verify my identity since it was an expensive order and I was a first time customer. The extra time was worth it for the confidence I now have in their team."

2017-10-01

Amazing gear

"Just purchased my third lens from Lens Authority. Each time I've been very impressed with the gear I purchased. Lens Authority does a great job rating the condition - if anything, I'd say they go on the conservative side (which is great for us buyers). Top-notch gear, great to work with! They are my go-to source for used gear."

2017-09-28

Avenger A2009 c-stand

"My experience with Lensauthority.com was very pleasurable. The turtle base C-stand arrived quickly, which made me very happy. Their description of the Avenger A2009 turtle base was that it was flawed in certain areas. When I opened the box I noticed the turtle base c-stand was wrapped with extra bubble wrap. When I removed the bubble wrap, expecting to see the turtle base c-stain in
flawed condition, to my surprise the turtle base c-stand looked and operated in perfect condition. I plan to use the turtle base c-stand as a base for my photography table. Thank You very much, Lensauthority.com. John A Hairston.

2017-09-18

Love this company ... my new "go to" for camera equipment !

"Super impressed with everything .... Their fun email telling me my Lens was on the way, their great prices and their quality equipment. Not to mention fast shipping! Thanks to everyone for such a great experience! I will definitely use them again."

2017-08-29

OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE!

"I had been searching for an affordable Canon 70-200 L series lens for a good while. After being hit with an "I'm sorry, that lens is no longer available. Here is this one for only $209 more (then it was $375 more!) - how would you like to pay for that" I was fortunate enough to find Lens Authority.

I couldn't believe the price for the lens and expected it to be a well worn piece of glass. It was rated as "passed" on every aspect and I asked about the return policy. When free shipping was added, I figured it would be too good to be true. Or minimally useful in my adventures.

I picked up my package from the local FedEx location this evening and was absolutely blown away by the condition of my new-to-me lens. It is cosmetically spotless, the glass is pristine. The box is undamaged. The pouch looks unused. My test shots are AMAZING. Hmmmmm - the is scuffing in the edges of the lens cap......

Who am I kidding?! I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. Excellent customer service and follow-up, immediate shipping and a piece of glass that is to die for.

Thank you, Lens Authority. I will be sharing my experience for sure!!

2017-07-08

Best price and service

"Excellent prices and service. Already recommended to a few freinds"

2017-06-05

Excellent!

"I just bought a canon 5d mark III, and my camera was in great shape! Super clean and well taken care of. The description said there were a few cosmetic scratches, but I honestly couldn't find any! I picked mine up in store and every one was very friendly and helpful. Very pleased! I would definitely buy from them again!"

2017-06-05

Always a pleasure!

"I didnt know this site existed or I would have rated Lens Authority a long time ago! I've rented from their main company Lensrentals.com for years, and have purchased from the same site, which then later branched off as Lens Authority, for years as well. It's always been a great experience, always a true pleasure to work with, and their gear descriptions have always been spot on. They're brutally honest and their prices are more than fair! Best deals around and amazing gear. Ships super fast too. Thanks as always!"

2017-06-03

Lensauthority three thumbs up!

"I ordered a used canon 100-400 lens and received a Great Lens at a Great price. I could not be happier with my purchase . The quality of the canon lens was better than it was rated. I would recommend checking out the products at Lensauthority before you buy a new one, you could save a lot of money if you do. "

2017-05-25

First time customer - Great experience !

"This was my first time to order from this company. I wanted a store that had a good reputation and on-line presence that put it on a scale above an anonymous seller on eBay. I also liked that it was not some store in a big city. Buying a used electronic component, even something as simple as a GoPro WiFi remote takes a leap of faith. Anyway, the order process was seamless and the item arrived in less than a week. It appeared as if it were unused, and I powered it up, charged the battery and it worked perfectly after pairing it with my camera. I could not be more pleased with the transaction. Thank-you, folks at Lensauthority !"

2017-05-18

Always satisfied with service!

"I've been doing business with Lensauthority & Lensrentals for years and have recommended them many times over. Great customer service, prompt shipping, and techs really know their equipment. Reliable and trustworthy!

Share Lensauthority.com's store rating

Lensauthority.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Lensauthority.com is a merchant member
Lensauthority.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,465 merchant members.