Stores > Nature Hills Nursery
  • Nature Hills Nu

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Nature Hills Nursery by clicking a star below.
2017-11-10

Great experience and convenient

"Seems to be a good option and reasonable prices. Big selection and informative about their products. "

2017-08-19

I have to go along with everyone else.

"Bad place to order if you want them to back you up. I bought a twisted redbud tree in May and we finally got it not in such good shape. Planted it an in about 4 wks. it started to sprout leaves. The sprouts got about 3 in. long and then it died. Giving me only half my money back doesn't solve the problem. They have insurance to cover their losses so nothing is coming out of there pockets. Asked for money back... waste of time. I wouldn't buy a weed off of them its bad enough I paid $100.00 dollars for a stick 1/2 dead."

2017-07-25

Do no buy from them unless you wish to throw your money away.

"Purchased two cherry trees in December, and them sent them to me in April. We planted them the very next day after arrival. After three months both are dead. The policy is if you did not purchase additional insurance at the time you made the initial purchase and your plants die, then they are generous enough to replace them for you at half price, plus shipping. Are they kidding? I am going to try to report them to a government agency. "

2017-07-14

Terrible Company, Don't Even Try

"What an utter disappointment this shop is. We ordered a "bare root" American Sycamore with a fair bit of excitement. What arrived was such a sad specimen that we laughed and affectionately called it our "dead stick." It was about 5 feet tall and maybe 1/8" in diameter, bone dry with NO apparent living buds for limbs, and single spindle of "root" maybe four inches long protruding from the bottom.

But, I trusted them and followed their directions to a tee, planted, fed, and watered faithfully, and sat back self-consciously hoping it would grow as we cared for it. A few neighbors stopped by and shared chuckles with us at the care I was giving this pitiful thing. After a couple week, a neighbor who is a well-respected arborist and Landscape Architect who does a great deal of work for the city stopped by and gave it a good once over. He quickly assessed that it was not "dormant," but quite dead and likely had been for a very long time. They had, indeed, mailed us a dead stick.

That's bad enough, but to add insult to injury, their "warranty" requires us to pay for another tree (at half the original price in fairness) AND shipping. That's not a warranty, that's a racket! Needless to say we won't be doing that, and will instead be making every effort to let everyone know to be very wary of this company. They're not a quality business.

2017-07-13

Dead Trees and Horrible Customer Service

"I bought 22 trees, 9 of which never leafed out and looked dead when they arrived. I called their customer service representative, Julia who said they would replace the trees at 1/2 price. Why would I pay for dead trees two times? She continued to be rude and unprofessional throughout the call and left me with an unreasonable solution. Don't buy from Nature Hills, it is a waste of money and a major headache. "

2017-07-03

SCAMMERS

"Ordered two orange trees and they sent me nothing!!! Save your money and find a real nursery to order from!!!"

2017-06-27

Bare shrubs upon arrival!

"Like the other reviews this year, I ordered two butterfly shrubs and they both arrived bare. It took their nursery manager days to get back to me to inform me of whether the plants are still useful and by that point I'd had it. They were planted, but showing no signs of improving. Atter 3 wks, they are STILL refusing to refund my money! "

2017-06-08

I had a very bad experience at first but after contacting them on Facebook messenger got a full refund

"My tree was dead on arrival and there was no chance of a refund according to their policy.

I finally got a refund

2017-05-26

Dead bare roots.

"My order came partially after 5 weeks. The bare roots were pretty much dead. When call, they said it will came up in 6 weeks.
Nothing came up after 7 weeks . Wasted my money. When I asked them for replacement, initially they said, I have to pay half price plus shipment. When I said ok, they said, they do not have them on stock. This place is a rip off. Their tree are healthy only on their website photos......Horrible

2017-05-22

Awful plants, no support or service

"Ordered one of their bare root blue Wisteria trees. Arrived as a four foot stick with a tiny tuft of a root in October. Planted immediately in spite of doubts , but it never showed any sign of life this Spring. Nursery wants to charge me for another tree plus shipping to replace it. A cherry tree from the same order arrived a few weeks ago. It was a stick with a bit more root and planted immediately. It actually still has a few green leaves at the bottom, but the upper part of the stick is dead. Lesson is to not buy anything from them that is "bare root" because you are essentially buying a stick cutting from a tree that has been placed in water for a few weeks, hoping it will grow."

2017-05-16

Horrible service and even worse trees!

"I ordered 5 trees for this place. Big mistake! The two that actually looked like more than a tree, they chopped the tops off for shipping! Two of the trees weren't even the width of a pencil! They are all suppose to be 5-6ft healthy trees! I called customer service to have one of the twigs replaced and the agent was VERY rude. They probably get these calls a lot! I paid $70 per tree. I want to put this review out there so no one orders from this company!! "

2017-05-16

POOR customer service!!!

"Purchased 5 trees 2016, purchased guarantee for one year. 2017 two trees died, called for replacement, trees almost doubled in price.....could only replace one, had to speak to customer service THREE times, one week later STILL no trees, order was still not placed. Customer service VERY RUDE, will never order from them again!!!!!!!"

2017-05-15

WORST COMPANY EVER. BAR NONE. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY!

"THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH, PERIOD.
DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS SCAM WEBSITE.

I have NEVER written an online review. EVER. For anything.
Nature Hills Nursery is THE WORST. I paid $75 for a tree. They sent me a TWIG WITH NO LEAVES. Literally a Charlie Brown tree. I thought it was a JOKE. So I told them I wanted a refund. I would send their twig back and just refund me the money and I will go to Lowes and spend $75 on a REAL TREE, with LEAVES and everything.

They simply REFUSE! I am reporting this scam of a company to the Better Business Bureau. Absolutely ridiculous they WILL NOT REFUND the unsatisfied customer's purchase. If it is a "dormant tree" as they claim, then they should have NO TROUBLE TAKING A RETURN and selling it to some other sap who is dumb enough to do business with HORRIBLE COMPANY. BUT THEY WILL NOT ISSUE YOU A REFUND! HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Nature Hills Nursery: Shipment # 100215258 for Order # 100159870
Inbox
x

May 14 (1 day ago)

to Melody,
Melody, please see the attached. This is a joke. $75 for this? My dog is using it as a stick ...
The box arrived intact. It's what is inside that is the problem.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG
On May 9, 2017, at 12:39 PM, Melody B wrote:

Hello,

I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I did receive your pictures and I would need to see the tree outside of the box. We don't ask for customers to return the plants once they have been shipped. Once you have the tree out of the box, I would unwrap the plastic so we can have pictures of the root as well as the whole tree. I will also need pictures of the outside of the box as well as the packing slip we sent. I want to get this resolved for you and once I have the other pics, I can send them to my manager for his review and recommendation.

Melody

Thank you for choosing Nature Hills Nursery, the largest online nursery in the U.S.

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 7:05 PM, > wrote:

Yes I did not take it out of the box in the event I was just going to have to send it back, but see the attached.
Rob

On May 7, 2017, at 1:03 PM, Melody B wrote:

Hello,

I do apologize in getting back to you so late. I was just following up to see if you were able to take the pictures so I can send them to my nursery manager for his review and recommendation. I do want to help and I can promise you, no candid camera!

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 9:39 PM, wrote:

sure. the thing was a twig! it had no leaves. i didn't even bother to take it out of the box. i literally thought it was a joke and you guys had me on candid camera. why on earth would any company send a product out like that?!
i will send the photos tonight.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Melody B wrote:
Hello,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. However, in order to get this situation taken care of we will need for you to send us a photo of the tree, packing slip and the box. If you no longer have the box, please let us know if there was any box damage. Once the photos have been received we will forward them to our nursery manager for his review and feedback.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 1:38 AM, wrote:

Hello, I need to return this tree that arrived dead. What is your return process?

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sales
Date: April 29, 2017 at 11:34:43 AM CDT
Nursery: Shipment # 100215258 for Order # 100159870

Nature Hills Nursery
Hello,
Thank you for your order from Nature Hills Nursery. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at info@naturehills.com or call us at (888) 864-7663.

Your shipping confirmation is below. Please note that orders may arrive in multiple shipments. Separate email notices will be sent for each shipment. Thank you again for your business.

Please allow up to 24 hours for your shipment status to be updated in the tracking system.
Your Shipment #100215258 for Order #100159870
Shipped By Tracking Number
Tracking Number 363107616313336
Attachments area

2017-05-04

Terrible trees and they got order wrong!

"Avoid buying from this place, the trees are sticks, nothing arrives on time, u can rarely get anyone to answr the phone and Home depot do far nicer trees, cheaper!!! AVOID!!!"

2017-05-01

Slow Shipping with super small plants and trees. Dont buy from them

"Not only are there trees NOT 4-5 FT (they count the root ball) I order a tree and it never shipped me. I had to call after I waited 6 months, Just to find out the item was on back order?? No emails or confirmation for longer than 6 months??? Really??? Oh but it only gets worse from hereā€¦ Shortly after giving my CC # over the phone to Nature Hills, my Credit card was spoofed/copied and had to be deactivated 1 week later. Seems a bit odd that the same town the company takes orders from, just happened to be the exact location of an attempted $1 gas transaction that failed. Needless to say, I will not be doing future business with them, ever!

I found the exact same trees down the street from my house for $25 and it was twice the size, where as they charge $165 for the exact items.

Share Nature Hills Nursery's store rating

Nature Hills Nursery is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Nature Hills Nursery is not a merchant member
Nature Hills Nursery does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!