Product & services pricing 2.50/10
Customer service: 5.00/10
Return/Replacement policy: 5.00/10
2018-07-13

Van Purchased from Brooklyn NY Property room came without transmission

"We purchased 3 Vehicles from them in 3 different times believe me or not the yard takes out the good and expensive parts from it and when you get it shipped to you ie: I am in Illinois you will get a surprise of missing Transmission, seats, and lots or other expensive parts, when you try to contact customer service they wont help you a bit , BE AWARE Scammers, fraud , no contact number , also the people of yard bid their self on the items "as you can see when bidding bidding mostly from Brooklyn" when I mentioned it to customer service as usual NO RESPONSE. Also "KENBEN YARD BROOKLYN" Treats you like a felony. I hope someone reads it from customer service and get it "

2018-06-04

Update on Property Room

"Ok, since the time I wrote the last review for propertyroom a lot has transpired. The company that I did have a problem with was M. Barr. This is the company that supplied property room with most the coins I have purchased. So after M. Barr seeing the review I left they got back to me faster than you can blink!! I have now been in constant ( and when I say constant I mean constant, no 2-4 weeks go by in between emails). I have been working with an employee named Cori, who has gone above and beyond to rectify the situation . They have been kind, respectful and easygoing. After reading there last email to me I had to change my review of this company. In not so many words they said, all coins have a history and if a coin has been altered before they own the coin how are they to know. And Cori is 98% correct. You say why 98%, I’ll tell you and it’s my reason for 4 stars . Before I give my explanation let me say I am not putting any blam on M. Barr, remember this review is about property room, M. Barr is just one of the places that fulfills there orders. Anyway, before we bid on a coin in my opinion that coin should undergo strict guidelines espically with coins. I am new to collecting coins but it makes sense to me that if your going to sell a coin you should make sure that it is in its original state and not cleaned, or smoothed or what ever else those grading companies come up with to say are coin isn’t what we thought it was. This way when you send out a coin you know your going to ged a grade. You might not like the number it gets but at least it comes back with one. So I think property room should do a better job when it pertains to this . But as far as M Barr. goes they are a top notch company and I am very happy to have done business with them. They are doing everything possible to make things right."

2018-05-10

They treat you like a criminal not a customer

"I purchased an item through them and they are horrible. They treated me like a criminal yet I'm the one paying for the product that they had advertised. No phone number available to speak to a customer service representative. They have a form you have to fill out and hope that you get a response. I will never do business with them again. Stay away from this service unless you want to be treated like a criminal."

2018-03-16

Still hasn't shipped

"Won paid haven't received my coins "

2018-03-01

Fake items masking as real and no refunds

"Please avoid, most of these items are faked. I bought 15 k rings, but when it came in the mail, it was a plastic ring. Customer service said that the 15 k was dipped paint, but the ring was all around plastic.

There are also inside bidding in this website as well to jack up the prices.

2018-02-21

No Returns on wrongly listed items & insider bidding

"Property room addressed my Customer Service request for improperly listing an item. They did refund my money and contacted me directly to resolve the issue."

2017-12-12

Suspicious practices to forfeit your item.

"This online auction was reputable when it was handled by the city itself. No city employees are allowed to bid on items yet "former" police officer with a police officer salary was able to buy auction rights. They don't have immediate customer service. They prolong any service for up to 48 hours in an attempt to make you forfeit your item because the only service they provide is through email. If you don't pay attention to your email for a day or more, most likely they will underhandedly steal your item and money. BEWARE AND PLEASE BELIEVE THIS RATING. I TOOK THEM TO COURT AND I GOT MY MONEY BACK 6 MONTHS LATER! IT'S NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE! GO WITH EBAY OR AMAZON!"

2017-10-16

tried to collect 2x on same coin september2017

"tried to collect twice for same item in september , according to my bank. I was barred from the website from sept 8 to sept 112017 after winning 2 semi valuable coinsweek of oct 12 extended bidding past the deadline, while pushing the bid price. refused to accept payment for a gold coin that i won Oct 15 2017, no phone service , email response after 3 days."

2017-10-09

Insider bidding.

"This online auction is being closely monitored for insider bidding by its own employees. Discretion advised."

2017-08-22

Selling defective seconds as new merchandise

"I won a bid on a watch offered as NEW. When the watch arrived it had a defective movement of the "second" hand. I immediately reported the problem and requested authorization for return and refund. I reported the request to PayPal and opened a dispute file.

Property Room denied my requests! Unbelievable!

But worse still is the fact that a different brand of watch I bought for a Christmas gift in December of 2015 (20 months earlier) had arrived with a MISSING 1/10TH SECOND HAND! Which is actually still rattling around in the face! It was too late to claim this defect under warranty when I learned about it. The recipient just assumed I bought a piece of junk at some auction and simply didn't care! Embarrassing

2017-08-08

Dont buy from this auction

"LUCKY FOR US---THEY DEMAND A CREDIT CARD FOR PURCHASES. CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTE THE TRANSACTION. YOU ARE NOT CHARGED AND THEY ARE NOT PAID UNTIL THE COMPLAINT IS RESOLVED

GO TO YOUR BANK IF YOU USED A DEBIT CARD. MAKE A COMPLAINT. '''THEY DO NOT CHARGE YOU AND THEY ARENT PAID UNTIL THE COMPLAINT IS RESOLVED.

BEWARE PROPERTYROOM.COM TACTS ON A HEFTY POSTAGE AND HANDLING CHARGE FOR $1 BIDS.
MOST OF IT IS NOT USED FOR POSTAGE AND HANDLING. DONT BIF $1. UNTIL YOU SEE WHAT THE SHIPPING PRICE IS. IT CAN BE $20 $50 AND UP. THEY WILL DUMP $1 BIDS ON YOU--''AND STICK YOU WITH ANOTHER $20 OR SO SHIPPING FEE.

1877-FTC-HELP

REPORT unscrupulous, fraudulent selling practices , etc.

Call your better business bureau (BOTH IN CALIFIRNIA AND IN YOUR STATE) they send your complaint to the company, and attempt to work it out by forwarding your complaint. If it is not resolved, this bad record stays with that business.

Call California's State Attorney Generals Office.

Call your States Attorney Generals Office, or go online to : OAG.CA.GOV. File a Consumer Complaint online. (Remember to go to your States Attorney Generals Office to file a Consumer report also)
1-425-703-5500 tell them you want to speak to someone regarding a Consumer Complaint against an online Auction.

Go online to RIPOFF REPORT. WRITE A DETAILED REPORT WARNING OTHERS.
RIPOFFREPORT.COM
FILE A COMPLAINT ONLINE

1888-505-2105
DEBT.ORG. FILE A COMPLAINT

Go to
Econsumer.gov. warn people of other countries. Propertyroom.COM does business overseas. This site helps you files complaint to warn future prospective victims in other countries

1800-USAGOV1
OR GO ONLINE TO USS.GOV CONSUMER COMPAINTS
FILE A CONSUMER COMPAINT. THIS IS AN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT SITE.

Go to
SupportGoogle.com

Consumerprotection.com

Contact your State Congressmen, and Senators.

Contact your Federal Congressmen and Senators.

Contact your States Governor, and CA State Governor
As well as their SENATORS

I was also charged full shipping prices for each individual item (very thin artwork) for two tubes a total of $121.80. Outrageous SHIPPING FEES. BE CAREFUL BIDDING ON $1 ITEMS. THEY WILL DUMP IT ON YOU. THEN ADD ANYWHERE FROM $12.95 TO $50.00 AND UP. SO A $1 ITEM WILL END UP COSTING OVER $20.

PLUS THEY MAKE CERTAIN TO APLLY YOUR MONEY TO THE $1 ITEMS FIRST SINCE THEIR PROFIT IS THE HIGHEST. THEN WHATS LEFT OVER, THEY WILL APPLY IT TO ITEMS YOU HAVE BID $20 OR MORE, WHICH CLEARLY YOU ARE EAY MORE INTERESTED IN THINGS YOU BID HIGHER AMOUNTS ON. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, THE $1 ITEMSWITH AT LEAST AN AVERAGE OF $20 ADDED ADDS UP VERY QUICKLY. THEREFORE, UOU FIND YOU HAVE SPEND WAY ABOVE WHAT YOU EXPECTED. IF YOU HAVE TO GUVE UP ANYTHING BECAUSE $4,000 WAS USED UP VERY VERY QUICKLY ON THE CHEAPER ITEMS AND THE ONES YOU ARE NOT THAT INTETESTED IN----YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP THE ITEMS YOU TRULY TRULY WANTED. BUT THEY USED YOUR $4 000 ON THE $1 ITEMS THEY GET LARGE PROFITS FROM DUE TO OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPONG FEES WHICH NEVER IS MOST OF UT USED FOR SHIPPING. UTS PROFIT TO THEM. REMEMBER MY SITUATION 11 VERY VERY THIN ART PIECES WERE PUT INTO TWO TUBES AND I WAS CHARGED FULL PRICE FOR SHIPPING EACH ONE AS IF THEY SHIPPED EACH ONE INDIVUALLY ---A TOTAL OF $121.80. SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT RIDICULOUS OUTRAGEOUS FEES FOR SHIPPING.

2017-06-26

Scam

"Got ripped off over $600 on a gold chain. Description of auction was not what i recieved. This place should be shut down!!!"

2017-05-26

Propertyroom.com is a terrible

"I got ripped off on 50 diamonds that I bought. I lost over 400 us dollars, and the finall bidder "which was me, and some one else." Keeps on restarting at 30 seconds, to final end time, on the bid timer, for 8 to 10 time's. That way they can get more money out of you, and there customer service is a "JOKE". They took my money, and I was the final winner, and never got my diamond's or a refund. "

2017-05-11

Scam!

" Items are way too expensive. No purpose "auctioning" anything if customers are going to overpay. "

2017-04-24

Morans & cheats!

"shipping charges for tiny item are completely insane!! Buy doing so the ripping of customers and making a huge profit! No phone numbet exist!!!! Some shmuck writes email responces a couple days later!!!
They do as they like!!! Terrible!!!

Helpful (2) Cool