Stores > RentalCars.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10
Voice your opinion! Review RentalCars.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-29

Satisfied with the service.

"Satisfied with the service."

2017-11-18

My opinion about Rentalcars and America Car Rental. Number of reservation: 341919963.

"My opinion about Rentalcars and America Car Rental.
Number of reservation: 341919963.
On an unfortunate day for me, on my trip to Mexico, I decided to use the

services of the intermediary Rentalcars and the rental company America Car

Rental. I went for 14 days.
At first glance, everything looked good enough:
0. Car - VW Jetta.
1. Car rental price US $ 301.89 Prepayment has been made
2. Insurance under the program Full protection US $ 150.45 Prepayment has

been made.
I decided not just to rent a car (VW Jetta), but also bought full insurance

from Rentalcars, having examined it more closely, I saw that it covers a

large number of risks, including damage to third parties and their

property. I envisaged everything, as I thought then.
When I arrived at Cancun airport, near the exit, I saw a man with a sign of

America Car Rental. Me and 2 more travelers were taken to America Car

Rental office. Strange things began to happen, I was shown a certain price,

judging by which I could not rent a car without paying an additional

insurance of $ 300 (!!!). The mexican said that by law they can not give me

a car if I do not buy it, so I would lose money that has already paid for

the rent - 450 dollars. When I showed the already paid insurance from

Rentalcars, he began to assert that the insurance from Rentalcars does not

cover damage to third parties, although it was clearly indicated there.

Judging from the confused faces of people nearby, everyone somehow

encountered this. If this is not real fraud, then what is it ? The rental

price has increased almost 2 times !
In addition, I was kept on the card 800 dollars in bail for the car, it's

been 4 days and they have not been returned yet ...

The funny thing is that there was no sense in booking the car, because VW

Jetta, who should have expected me, was not there. There was another model

with a manual transmission. In the end, after another half hour, I was

given another car - a strongly worn white Passat.

I intend to distribute this story on the maximum amount of Internet

resources. If these two fraudsters lose at least one client, I will feel

relieved that the world has made a little bit better.

Gentlemens and ladies, do not use the services of these people if you do

not want to make your vacation worse and more expensive.

2017-11-01

Terrible

"Do not book with rentalcars.com"

2017-10-02

Liars, swindlers

"I rented a car and bought insurance with at the same time. Then went to pick up the car and Europcar sais they don't have any record of insurance and made me buy insurance again. Now Rentalcars won't refund me the insurance money."

2017-08-30

Horrible experience

"I rented a car on the rentalars.com website.
The rental was cancelled on their side.
They didn't issued a full payback which is unacceptable.

Avoid them at all costs

2017-08-19

Don't rent there

"We rent a car through their service in Milan Linate. They use our debit and credit card to take the paiment 3 months before. The day we try to get the car, the same card was useless : credit card only. We get stuck in Milan Airport for hours to find an other solution and they keep 3 days of rental (100€) for nothing ...

Don't rent there, check the prices and rent directly to the provider of cars.

2017-08-15

Sleazy Business Practices

"I mistakenly booked for a pickup at my destination at 1am on August 18th instead of August 19th. When I tried to change my 2-week car reservation a few days later for a pick up at the correct time on the 19th, the rentalcars.com website forced me to rebook my entire reservation for an ADDITIONAL COST of nearly $200. As I couldn't believe that rentalcars.com would be expecting that I book a car rental for one less day for a HEFTY ADDITIONAL COST, I went ahead and called rentalcars.com to address the problem directly. What I received from their rep was a bunch of crap advising me that I would need to rebook at the higher cost... despite the fact that I would have been willing to pay the same original costs while picking up the vehicle a day later (i.e., same rent payment for one less day!!!). This is no way to treat customers.... "

2017-08-03

Worst service, unreliable, rude

"First time I used them I paid for a Lexus to impress a client; got a "similar Toyota CHR" second time Their online "E-voucher" said one credit card and identification is needed; however when I got there they said we need two credit cards and charged me 300$ to cancel. Again I paid for a Mercedes and they were going to give me a Volvo. They always says "this car or similar" you always will get the "similar". The customer service after and during was terrible, only way to communicate with them is through a U.K. Number and you will spend 20-40 minutes of wasted roaming charge time getting no where. Finally they opened a case and claim the proof I gave them was "unclear" as they were screen grabs of the E-Voucher. I travel 10-15 times a year and for renting cars it's much easier to just go to the counters and see what's available there's at least 7 rental companies in every major airport. And you get better deals as the companies will throw in car seat, GPS etc for free in order to close the deal."

2017-07-24

Scam website

"Simply a scam. We should have read all the reviews before doing the booking. They simple denied the existence of our booking and didn't refund the money to our credit card. It was also very dodgy, since there was a balcony in the airport with no one there. We just had to call them for three hours until someone picked up and they said they had no booking despite we had the booking confirmation. They also charged our credit card with an off shore account so it was impossible for our bank to get the money back."

2017-07-18

False information and Bugs in the portal

"I choose to book car for 1679 SEK on 14/7/2017 and my final deduction wast 2349 SEK. When I complained about this, they said it's a refundable amount and you should get this back with in 28 days. After completing my booking, the next morning(18/7/2017) when I called them back and asked for the same, the statement changed 180 degree completely. Now they are saying it's not a refundable amount and this is charged because I opted to have protection.
I explain a lot about this that I did not choose any protection money this was charged itself. Why would I call immediately after the booking if I would have added this intentionally. Customer care is not supportive and I feel like robbed.

2017-07-10

five is not seven

"We rented five seat car, but later on needed to change for seven seat. I have made a phone call and the gentleman handled the swap. When we arrived, there was no car what so ever. After THREE HOURS on the phone with their customer service we were informed they do not have any seven seat car and there is nothing they can do.
At the end we were forced to pay for another car (it was only a pure luck there was another person with driving license).
I have made a formal complaint. The manager of Rentalcars claimed we used both cars so there is no refund in force. Well, they were the ones who made a mistake, failed to deliver the correct car, had no clue how to fix the problem, were not willing to fix it but where more than happy co charge me for another car!!
Very uncivilized manners and unprofessional behavior.
Never again.
Hire yourself a car directly, that is the best piece of advice I can give you.

2017-07-08

Great experience!

"Through this service we rented a Citroen car in AVIS for a month on the island Gran Canaria for only 180 euros (we take it without insurance)! In the car did not work a cigarette lighter socket and we asked to change the car, we were given Honda Civic with automatic transmission! Super!

Мы арендовали через этот сервис авто Citroen на Gran Canaria на месяц всего за 180 евро, по итогу получили Honda Civic автомат, класс!

2017-07-08

rentalcars.com is a scam company! stay away!

"We did a booking at Rentalcars.com on June 10th, when we arrived at Hertz to pickup the car at Center Boulevard Kiosk City, 45-45 Center Boulevard , Long Island City, 11101, Ny, New York , NY, USA, the store doesn't exist. They informed us that Hertz moved out at least a year ago. Then we called Hertz and they didn't have any car for us. I had 2 little kids going out for a weekend. I was so disappointed. Then Rentalcars.com didn't refund me for the charge in my credit card until after 2 calls and 5 emails.
My advice is stat away from Rentalcars.com/Priceline, they don't pick up the phone, they don't help, they don't refund you for their mistakes. It is a scam company!

2017-06-23

Attempted blackmail by Rentalcar.com

"Three hours before we were due to pick up our four-day rental car, we were phoned to tell us that we had to pay an additional €45 to drop off at a different location from the pick up. As I had specified the pick up and drop off points when confirming the booking, I chose not to pay the extra. Rental cars.com have seriously messed up our holiday plans. I regard this sort of late additional charge as a type of blackmail whereby the renter has no choice but to pay. Well, we have a choice and we choose not to use rentalcars.com again."

2017-06-21

How is This Legal???

"Hidden fees, pushy sales people at Hertz, who kept trying to push even more fees on me, and a purposely confusing rental agreement. When I signed for the additional fees I thought the total INCLUDED the payment I already made. I paid $288 and was charged an additional $479 - So after booking online for 288 I ended up paying $767.00 - How is this Legal"

Share RentalCars.com's store rating

RentalCars.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RentalCars.com is not a merchant member
RentalCars.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!