reverb.com

Customer service: 3.33/10
Return/Replacement policy: 3.33/10
2018-08-07

Crooks!

"I paid for a set of banjo strings and never got them. I told Reverb and their answer was let’s us know when you get them! Don’t send them your money!!"

2018-07-24

Customer service reps not trained, digital team high handed and not customer oriented - what a waste of time

"I recently tried to purchase Ableton Live 10 Suite software, student version from their website. It came bundled with the Reverb Digital Content, at no extra cost. However, when I added both to the shopping cart, only the Reverb Digital Content appeared. Before I made the purchase, I reached out to customer service via phone and e-mail and explained what happened, that Ableton did not show up in the cart. Customer service e-mailed saying that a link will be forwarded to me for downloading software after the purchase had been completed. So, I completed the purchase, thinking there would not be an issue.

After my purchase, when I tried to download the software, I found only the link for the Reverb Digital Content and not Ableton, which is useless without Ableton anyway. So, again, I had to call customer service to figure out what happened. Customer service told me I had only bought the digital content, not Ableton. I had to ask them to look on their website to see what was advertised - Ableton AND digital content for one price. The next day, the Digital Team e-mailed, saying that I only purchased the digital content, not Ableton as I did not have an e-mail that ended with a .edu account, so Ableton was not added to the shopping cart. They mentioned that because I BYPASSED their authentication procedures for eligibility, they could not guarantee that Ableton would not reject our use of Ableton. There was NO message that popped up informing the customer what the authentication procedure was, to have a requirement of having an .edu account for purchase. Since I had reached out to customer service prior to my purchase, I thought it was a glitch that they would take care of. I was e-mailed a serial number for the software but no guarantee from Reverb that it could be used. I called Reverb back but was put on hold for 30 minutes, while customer service tried to get hold of the Digital Team and failed, telling me that they will just e-mail me their response instead - they did not take phone calls. They were probably hoping I would hang up after being put on hold for so long, which I did not do, as I was worried I paid close to $400 for software which they could not guarantee whether I could or could not use. I also e-mailed them to again explain what had transpired.

The next day, the Digital Team without trying to work things out with me, refunded my money with some snarky comment that they were glad to be able to help, which was highly unnecessary. I was glad that I received my money back but upset because I had made every effort to work with them even before the purchase was made, only to have the multiple customer service reps that I spoke with, not look into the issue properly and let me know what I needed to do in order to qualify for the student discount, and then after that subjected to a lofty e-mail from the Digital Team stating that I had bypassed their authentication procedures, and then not work with me to resolve the issue cordially before an abrupt refund. What a waste of time, wading through a whole bunch of customer service reps, digital team, for nothing. Incompetent. Horrible customer service experience.

2018-07-22

Terrible Customer Support

"There was an occurrence in which I sold and shipped a Retro STA Leveler.

The buyer of the STA claimed that the compressor arrived broken.

#1:Reverb and I asked for pictures of the broken compressor for evidence, we never got any evidence of damage but Reverb still believed him.

#2: After the claim was made, Reverb ignored my call for 2 days straight, I would call at all hours of the day and wait on hold for a long time multiples times and I'd get completely ignored.

#3: Despite NO EVIDENCE of ANY DAMAGE, I gave the buyer $350 for "Repairs" Reverb didn't consider my loss at all and didn't reduce the fee they charge for selling.

Inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Terrible company with no back up plan for bad situations.

I have sold MANY MANY expensive delicate signal processors and have NEVER been told the units arrived damage. I mailed it securely with things inside the packaging to minimize vibrations.

I sold a unit I paid 2200 dollars for and I got 1350 after dealing with Reverb and that sketchy buyer. Huge Loss.

Don't deal with Reverb unless you absolutely have to, if anything goes wrong, you will see their true colors.

2018-07-19

Dont Sell On Reverb

"They will not protect sellers, violate their own policies and intersect themselves in the sale when they clearly have a policy not to, use intimidation and bully tactics to vendors even when in the right all to protect getting bad reviews from buyers. They are in a business of risk but wont accept that risk sometimes is not in their favor. They forget the sellers are paying the bills. They engage in collusion with Gibson, creating illegal trade restrictions. They grew too fast and have no idea how to handle their biz. "

2018-07-14

Fender neck sidelined!?

"I listed a replacement Fender neck on Reverb.com for $75 +10 shipping. (I purchased the same neck, on the same site, for $50 more, four years ago). Reverb made their commission then, but removed my listing stating the neck was a knock-off, and that they “were protecting ME from Fender”...
I was informed via email, within which I was urged to respond. I did. Three times. I even called and spoke with Tyler, who promised to get back to me. Didn’t happen.

So the neck was “real” when I bought it for $125, but now it’s “fake”?
Basically, I was informed that I’d been duped on my purchase, while simultaneously having my credibility as a seller compromised. Thanks!
The most upsetting/unsettling part of this story is that the post was removed approximately 2 hours after posting. Now I have no idea exactly how many listings are currently on the site, or how many of those were listed today, but I DO know that it’s been well over 2 hours that my 4 attempts to communicate have gone unanswered.

For a website that claims to be about the “community” to such an extent, this level of customer service (lack there of) is absolutely pathetic.
By the way, I’ve prided myself on my 5 star feedback rating throughout my 65 sales over the years.

2018-07-13

I WAS RIPPED OFF FOR 600 DOLLARS - NO BUYER PROTECTION

"Never recieved my item. Reverb refuses to help my family out and will not offer a refund or do anything. After three months of hell we are not getting our money back. NEVER GOT THE ITEM"

2018-06-19

Don't use reverb.com

"I wish I read these terrible reviews before purchasing off Reverb. I never received the pedal from the seller and he claimed that it was returned broken and that I should pay half the price of the returned goods..... Guessing that something dodgy was going on I said I would be happy to take the pedal in the condition it was in. Since then he has refused to get back in touch with me.

Reverb contacted the seller on my behalf and have not supported me. All they have done is say they will offer me 10 reverb bucks and if I don't accept it, the matter is considered closed.

Thanks a lot reverb, I am now $90 out of pocket and don't have anything to show for it.

2018-04-02

Never got my LP

"Was searching for a record that I have not seen in a long time found it on this website and ordered it. Never got the order it was sent to Texas and I live in Vermont. Of course they were like will refund your money but I don't want my money back what I wanted was the album. First time user not happy. I would not recommend buying from this site ever."

2018-03-11

False Advertising

"They are advertising brand new marshall 50th anniversary amplifiers for half the price they go for. When you add the products to your cart they instantly turn into a different product (one that is half the cost) and do not notify the buyer of the product change. You cannot even zoom in to get a clear view of the photo or description. I notified their team and they said that it is programmed that way by their backend team.

This is unacceptable.

2018-02-27

No seller protection

"Buyer lied to get me to take a vintage amp back. It took 10 days to get back to me. I had 24 hours to complete the refund and no recourse. Reverb was quick to tell me they'd like to help me, but there is nothing they can do. Stay away."

2018-02-23

Reverb.com has been perfect. Never an issue with the marketplace. Some sellers are bad, same thing with any marketplace (Amazon, eBay etc)

"Never an issue with the marketplace. Some sellers are bad, same thing with any marketplace (Amazon, eBay etc). I would bet that most of the negative reviews on here are from eBay or Amazon corporate. Yes, competing businesses will wright and post negative reviews on competition they deem a threat.

Dirty business, definitely.

2018-02-09

Poor Customer Service by Reverb with Paypal

"I purchased a guitar on reverb. Guitar arrived but not as described by seller. Seller described it a Extremely Mint Condition. Guitar was missing the pick guard, had scratches on front, back, hairline crack on back of neck and damage to case. None of this was disclosed by seller. I filed dispute with Paypal and got email from Chris at Reverb. I responded to him, send email updates and called him twice but no response. Reverb cannot do anything for you if you purchase by paypal. "

2018-02-07

A éviter à tout prix

"Vendeurs inexistants, service après-vente médiocre. TRÈS MAUVAISE EXPÉRIENCE "

2018-01-23

Love Their Merchandise & Purchasing Experience

"From the online experience to finding what I wanted to buy to the process of purchasing to actually receiving the merchandise, I had a very smooth experience. On top of it, when the merchandise arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the packaging and the quality overall. Now that I've ordered for myself, it's certainly something I'll keep in mind for gifts as well. "

2018-01-22

Easy platform, great customer service, & a huge range of buyers/sellers.

"I've been using Reverb for just under two years and have had nothing but excellent experiences. When I list items for sale, they sell quickly and the buyers are friendly and cooperative. I've purchased dozens of items and the buyers and the products (guitars, accessories, ukes, and more) were all great. I've never had an issue with a transaction so I've never had to contact customer service, but my friends who do lots of business on the platform have nothing but great things to say about the staff there - knowledgeable, friendly, patient. I would highly recommend if you're looking to buy or sell any range of music gear. "

Share Reverb's store rating

Reverb is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Reverb is a merchant member
Reverb participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,416 merchant members.