Product & services pricing 0.71/10
Shipping & packaging: 1.25/10
2018-05-19

Customer service failed me

"I ordered a dishwasher on a Saturday via sears.com. I was supposed to hear from the third party installer on Monday regarding scheduling an installation appt. I never did. I called Sears installation dept. on Tuesday to let them know. They called the 3rd party while I was on the line. An appt. was made for the following Sunday. The 3rd party didn't show! I called Sears again and they called the 3rd party again while I was on the line. The 3rd party claimed to have called me "all day" to let me know they weren't coming. I believed I was being lied to. I requested Sears to find me a different 3rd party installer. They had to cancel my original order and reorder the item again. They apologized, and they conveyed how sorry they were. I later find they had re-sent the install request to the SAME 3rd party as before (they didn't check to see if there was or wasn't another 3rd party option in my area). I ended up cancelling my order after that fiasco. After reading the past reviews, now I'm concerned about actually receiving my refund(s). "

2018-04-27

Sears appears to need my money more than I do

"In September purchased a gas range and microwave from Sears Online, called to mobilize for work out of town unexpectedly and ask the individual scheduling the delivery to call a different number for a friend was helping me out during my absence. He refused, resulting in cancellation of the order, during that conversation. In January I start calling, only to find out all conversation are with their Customer Service in the Philippines, always starting out with apologizes and understanding of why I would be upset with Sears. Have spent over the past 4 months being told this will be expatiated you will see your money in 7-10 business days, even asking for calendar dates and still the only return in April 2018, was for the microwave not the big ticket item the gas range. All together have spent over 10 hours attempting to collect the money owed to me, always hearing the same apologies. Last night 26 APR 2018 on the phone for 3 hours, hung up on 3 times on hold 2 other times for 30 minutes, asking a simple request for the opportunity to speak to a supervisor, all the while repeating the same information over and over and over again.

After years of purchasing from Sears both appliances and tools, this is a never again. Customer Service, service being the key word, the words coming through the phone all seem so sincere at first but once the same words come from each and every individual on the phone in the Philippines you realize these are the words they are trained in utilizing when speaking when someone calls, sincerity at first seems so real like the person on the end of the phone wants resolution, sympathetic for your problem, but now after all of these months, it is a JOB for those in Customer Service at Sears.

I hope by writing this others will not fall in to the same trap.

2018-04-22

Wrong item return

"Sears marketplace would not back a return on an item shipped wrong it took 5 days for an answer that i was told would be 48 hours. Guess im stuck with it. Will never buy or step into another sears again"

2018-04-05

Disappointed

"What hurts even more disappointed of the SEARS chain stores since they did not want to change the mattress that was their error, they made me realize that they would change it to me by diskette their policies and surprise their policies they know how to charge me 15% of the mattress more again the shipment, because although the store knew I had the error, I did not care about the customer, for many years I have been buying from this store and for the first time I had a case because they did not respond and I had to pay their mistakes and I'm still under treatment because I'm nervous of my brain!"

2018-03-31

Horrible Delivery

"We orders a ping pong table on March 6, 2018 and it was supposed to be delivered on the 17th. We received texts stating that it was in transit and we to arrange for time to be available for the delivery on the 17th. Early that morning we got a call stating it was damaged in shipping so it couldn't be delivered. Ok, fine, I don't want a damaged product. This same exact scenario has occurred again on the 24th and again today, the 31st! This is bullcrap so I called them this evening for a full refund and they tried to upsell me on home improvement services. BS! I'm supposed to get a refund in 7-10 business day. We'll see if they can follow though on their word this time. I'm not doing business with Sears ever again. They used to be a good, reputable company. What happened?"

2018-03-22

No refund for $1400 refrigerator after 5 months!!

"I bought a refrigerator on Sears.com Nov 2017. Morning of scheduled delivery in December I called Sears.com delivery number and cancelled order (after reading how unreliable frig was). Delivery company called my cell just prior to delivery. I informed them not to deliver refrig. I had cancelled early in the morning. $1400 was never refunded to my Visa. I called Sears.com many times, was placed on hold constantly, then transferred all around the Phillipines. Repeating the story to each phone rep. Everyone just apologizes and Will look into it. It is now March and I have yet to see a refund. I filled a dispute with my credit card and they have not resolved issue after waiting 1 month. Do no buy anything thru Sears.com. It is an expensive mistake. I am still out over $1400.
It's a scam company

2018-03-12

Wrong items

"Received the wrong products and without going into a sears location i had to wait 2 weeks to get it resolved. Not happy."

2018-03-12

Can't Get Order Right

"At the end of January, I ordered Colormate County Blue bathmats & towels - I received the County Blue Bathmats, but a different color blue for the towels, so I returned them all(7 days for refund to my card). Early February I tried again, because the Country Blue is gorgeous - unfortunately, I got the same result, so they were returned(8 days for refund to my card). Then, stupidly, I ordered Colormate Aqua bathmats (I have aqua towels from a different brand) - the color was perfect, except there was one little stripe sort of in the middle of all three mats, so I returned them (11 days & still waiting on refund to my card). I used to love going into the store, but now that that is closed and the online order fulfillment is so slipshod. I will have to look elsewhere for new bathmats. "

2018-03-07

Terrible Customer service

"Sears shipped me a piece of furniture last week. It arrived on Friday. It was clearly damaged and I have not even taken out of the box. I notified them Friday afternoon that it was damaged and I wanted to return it. Five days later, I am still waiting for a resolution. I have emailed, called and done everything that was asked of me. I have been lied to by customer service, hung up on, put on indefinite hold, etc. All I get is a runaround. Any other retailer would have handled this in 24 hours. Stay clear of Sears! I am worried they don't have enough money to give me my refund or they will file for bankruptcy before I get my money. "

2018-02-07

Too bad zero stars is not an option--STAY AWAY

"Looking for some software I found Sears Marketplace. Bad luck. I ordered two products. The first was sent to me from the vendor via Amazon. It turned out that the vendor simply takes your order then contacts and purchases from Amazon. The product was legitimate, but I probably could have saved some money by ordering from Amazon in the first place. Oh, after the product shipped but before it arrived, Sears sent me an email stating that the product was out of stock with no estimated future shipping time.

The second came to me from another vendor in packaging that said "Retail Cd Bulk Packaging misiaz@yahoo.com". The product inside? Totally bogus and counterfeit, although it was a copy of the software I ordered. I will follow up with a piracy notice to the manufacturer.

No response from Sears or the bogus supplier to whom I want to return the software.

2018-01-27

Sears has not given a Refund on a cancelled order after 3 weeks

"I cancelled a mattress order January 7th an hour after I placed the order online. Sears still charged me $559 and it is Jan 27th and I still have not been refunded the money. I have called at least 8 times about this and have gotten different stories each time I have called. I've been guaranteed my money would be refunded, told I would receive emails within 72 hours and haven't. Each time I call customer service and ask to speak with supervisors, I am denied. I have asked to speak with their refund department but am also denied. I'm not sure what to do to get my money back."

2018-01-25

NEVER SHOP SEARS ..........Worst experience we've ever had!!!! -100 STARS IF WE COULD

"To much to say about our terrible experience. We will never ever buy from Sears again. Sears used to be the only store we ever bought appliances and tools from. It used to be wonderful............Not the same Sears anymore.
About our latest terrible experience.......I'll try and make it short. WITH an extended customer service agreement we had to go through 6 months of calling incompetent people working in other countries and other states that could have cared less about our refrigerator that was freezing our food and ruining it. Months of Sears sending out so called technicians, someone having to be home for 4 or 5 hours waiting just for them to replace the same parts over and over and over. Finally replaced it and delivered a new one with a door that was higher than the other and a huge scratch. Never ever again. Good bye Sears. You're getting what you deserve. Going out of business. Can't be soon enough!

2018-01-25

SEARS Market Place Horrible Experience

"I Goggled a health product that I wanted to purchase to compare prices. I was surprised to find that Sears carried the product. I purchased online from Sears about four years ago, it was an appliance and I picked the product up at a nearby store, so I had some history of ordering online from them. My purchase went through easily and I used Paypal to pay for my purchase which amount to about $100.00 . At the completion of my purchase, I received a receipt with a link to track shipping of my purchase and it stated that I should receive and email when the product is shipped and it was estimated that I should have the product in about five business days. I checked back a few times and according to the tracking link the package had not been received by the shipper. I finally called and the Sears representative said she would check on the order and I should call back the next day, which I did and she confirmed that the product had not been shipped and I stated well I need it and if you haven't shipped it yet I want to cancel the order. The woman on the phone agreed to the cancellation and said I should see my funds back in Paypal in one to two days.. A week went by and no refund so I called Paypal and they give the seller up until about 21 to 30 days to respond with the refunds. This process started on the 8th of January and today is the 25th and I AM STILL OUT OF MY MONEY AND NEVER RECEIVED THE PRODUCT!! I will never order or shop at SEARS AGAIN!!!"

2018-01-12

Realy upset in so many ways

"My order delivered? Nope my name on package inside not my order and a packing slip for someone else in Brooklyn Ny! So I call and the answer is, you need to go to store and give them the order you received, or wait for a package in mail to return the item and only then will we send you the 10 items you ordered! ARE YOU SERIOUS? So I say , can I just purchase this sweater I looked online it’s only 22$, YES, But you must still return the one you got before your items can ship oh fml! I ordered online for a reason people! So I will go to the store and definitely never order from Sears agin ! Thanks for ruining my Daughters Birthday! And oh yeah , getting past the broken English of the 2 people I talked to wasn’t pleasant either! "

Helpful (1) Cool

2018-01-10

Horrible!

"I have bought from sears for the last 30 years. NEVER again! I had a freestanding ice maker that has been broken off and on for two years. Each time I would call sears for service call. The technician told me the last three times to call his cell number on the card he gave me. You know to save me time. I find out today he was a complete fraud! I called Sears today to find out what is going on because I still have a broke ice maker. They did not show anything for December. I explained to them what has been happening. Transferred me. Of course I bought the service agreement, turns out to be a waste of money as well. They said well, he came out and cleaned it and replaced things in 2016 and 2017. Unfortunately the 2016 are so old they will not qualify for a new ice maker. I am currently on hold for a supervisor, yes, one hour of holding. The man that they have been sending out, they will contact him. Unbelievable! "

Helpful (1) Cool