Stores > Shutterfly

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.12/10 2.12/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
Voice your opinion! Review Shutterfly by clicking a star below.
2017-12-28

Horrible

"I've recently tried to edit my books from make a book. I don't have a lot of extra time, so when I spend a decent amount editing to have photo books to commemorate our family life,
I expect it to save & work. I would spend much more with them if this would happen. However, I've realized I've spent way too much. My books aren't even saved that I work on & after spending time ordering their "freebies" & making other purchases, I realize many of their promos don't actually work. If they don't figure this out soon, I'll find another company that knows how to save my edits & make me feel like I'm not throwing money down the drain. If they get it fixed, I'm happy to continue using their services.

2017-12-24

Lie about customer support

"I asked for help for a very specific edit from one of their "technicians", Ahmed M. and without even reading my request, he copy pasted their site's instructions into the email. i had read their instructions already, THATS why i still needed help. I went to Canvasworld.com instead. WAY better price and quality. If you need anything printed, i suggest you find a company that actually cares about their client's projects and not go to shutterfly"

2017-12-21

Giving a 1 coz I can’t a zero

"I paid extra $15 for expedited shipping so it reaches before Christmas, but the package didn’t reach me until 2 days later. They showed zero guilt about it, and acted as if it’s a minor mistake. Terrible customer service, the lady I talked to showed an excessive amount of attitude while speaking and not at all helpful. I wouldn’t use it ever again. "

No Christmas Cards to send out

"Will not order from Shutterfly again! This is the first and last time I'll be ordering from shutterfly. Ordered Christmas Cards and still haven't received them. ETA is showing after Christmas. Defeats the purpose of me ordering Christmas Cards and not being able to give them out during Christmas! Called twice...first time they told me to call back if i didn't receive it the next day. I called back and was told nothing could be done for me. BS, Never again! I'll order my cards from somewhere that'll be more prompt on getting my cards out to me."

NEVER ARRIVED

"I ordered Christmas stickers for my cards and after contacting shutterfly numerous times and waiting over 11 days for 48 stickers they never arrived I am very disappointed in their service. "

Christmas card nightmare

"After placing an order of over $600 with Shutterfly on Thanksgiving weekend for Christmas cards & envelopes - we are 5 days from Christmas and still do NOT have our envelopes to send out our cards! Shutterfly customer service is inconsistent and unresponsive! VERY disappointed! They offered a $50 credit - needless to say - we are unsatisfied customers and will not recommend them!"

2017-12-18

Really a ZERO star rating

"Guaranteed delivery date was missed by a week. Ordered 5” x 7” cards and they are 4-3/4” x 6-3/4”. After holding for over an hour, the customer service rep indicated their sizes are meant to be “general and not specific”. They offered to reprint them but they’d be the same size. Why?! And then they offered a 25% refund and wished me a happy holiday. 2nd year in a row dealing with Tiny Prints and Shutterfly. NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE! Too many options to go back next year. "

2017-12-18

I would give a zero star if possible

"The customer service and quality control have gone so downhill. I finally got through to a person and told them that they sent me an extra order that was not mine. He told me he would email me a label in a few days, I would have to print it off, put it all in a package, and then drop it off at UPS store. I told him no and that he could send them to my house to pick it up in which he said no. Seriously?! I am calling them to tell them of a mistake they made and I am suppose to run around to fix it. That is so wrong. And then putting my strings in the ornaments, a ribbon is missing. Poor quality control and customer service. I will never use Shutterfly again. There are too many other websites to use."

2017-12-14

Discounts, prices, customer service. How is this place still open?

"The lowest prices the show are never available and the price only increases with no explanation. I called to get help as to why it was listed for 45 and after ordering my price was at 99 but after finding out that my wait time was 40 minutes I decided I could shop elsewhere with better results. This is an embarrassment of a company."

2017-12-13

They dont care, rip you off and hang up on you!!!!!!

"I have never been so frustrated with your company in my life and you can see from my account i have done business with yall a while. I had a issue with checking out with a promo code that I received and called to speak with your customer service rep. First i waited over 20 min for anyone to pick up. Then when I did get a hold of someone, I explained that the system wasnt taking off the extra 40% of my order. I read the exemptions and details off the back of the card and even sent a copy of it to my uploaded photos and explained my items were in the cart but needed help. He explained he read the back of the card and talked to his supervisor and then asked me to continue to hold while he applies the discount. At this point, i was on the phone for over 50 minutes. He then comes back after several minutes and says he cant apply it afte all since this was a % off coupon but a $ amt taken off or something that litrally made no sense especially since he JUST READ THE EXACT COUPON AND TOLD ME HE HAD TALKED TO HIS SUPERVISOR AND WAS WORKING ON THE SYSTEM TO APPY THE EXTRA 40% OFF! Totally dont get it. So at this point I asked, "Are you telling me after all this time and after you saw the coupon with your own eyes and got approval from the suprevisor you are not able to do anything?! " He said, yes! So I said (exactly) these words. "Then why did you keep me on the phone so freakin' long?!" "Is there anything you can do to make this right?! I just dont understand!" He LITERALLY HUNG UP ON ME!! The I go to check out because at this point i have spent hours and hours literally on this and cant back out because its for my mom. Now the free shipping for over $49 doesnt work. Do y'all have fake offers for EVERYTHING!!!! At this point, I will NEVER,NEVER,NEVER use your service again. Not one more penny. I have been lied to, wasted time and then hung up on. I will try to find every review spot I can to tell them about this. Since yall are such a big company now, I guess its just all about the money. Well, I look forward to finding another company who actually cares about their customers time, money and respect. Man, what a waste of time.

2017-12-12

Missing order

"Same experience as many other reviewers... ordered holiday cards for my daughter’s first Christmas. Never received them. I called, emailed, and posted reviews, but no help whatsoever. They never responded to my emails. And still no cards. I have been a Shutterfly customer for over 5 years, but I will be taking my business elsewhere!!

Side note - Shutterfly doesn’t post the negative reviews on their website! Guess they just don’t care. What happened to Shutterfly!!!

2017-12-11

Waste of your time

I have been ordering from shutterfly a few times over the past 3 months and it has been a terrible experience from start to finish each time.

First of all, nothing is loading properly. I will be successful in making a book but then cannot access my cart. Or I can make half a book and then suddenly it freezes. Or I cannot load my book to make edits to it. Or I cannot process a payment.

I have tried on 3 different browsers, cleared my cache, tried it on my tablet, smartphone and my brothers laptop and nothing gives. It works when it want's to. Worse is that it takes hours to complete a book because it stops working frequently and then you finally finish and add it to your cart only to have to struggle with getting the cart to load for an hour!

I have contacted shutterfly a total of 3 times and each time they have been equally unhelpful. I told them of the 9 hours it took to build 3 photo books and how I couldn't access my cart to pay and the deal was supposed to end at midnight and they literally said "Too bad, nothing we can do" Thankfully the deal was extended (like most) and I was able to waste another hour accessing my cart the next day.

I have told them about the error codes which they say is my computer but fail to listen when I explain that I can't load it on any computer or browser.

Each time I order, it arrives later then expected which really just finishes off the terrible experience. I used to recommend shutterfly but honestly I have not had so many issues with such a lousy site and unhelpful staff.

I'm done with them.

2017-12-09

Item Missing from Order, No Customer Service

"I ordered prints and a calendar, received the prints but no calendar. Initiated a web chat to obtain a status update. "Camealli T" had no interest in helping me, instead telling me repeatedly I had to log in using a different name as it didn't match my account. I tried sending her screenshots of my chat box, email confirmation and logged in account screen all of which showed my name, but she didn't care. Log in using the right name. What name do I use but mine which matches all documentation? She also refused to let me speak to a supervisor. Shutterfly lost a customer for life."

2017-12-08

Worse part was wait on the phone

"My order was being sent to the wrong address and they changed it with no problems. I have been using them for years with no issues. This was the first time I have moved being in the military and forgot to change the address. The worse part was being on hold for thirty mins. The women was super nice and even with it being the holidays my order will still be here before Christmas. "

2017-12-07

horrible photo prints upload/ results

"Shutterfly's policy on photo print refund and reorder is ridiculous. My photo print was designed within borders, yet when printed it became outside of borders. I'm trying to resolve the issue, asking to re-edit my uploads, so that it does not print out the same. The rep mentions the only option is to reorder THE SAME THING, and there is no option for a full refund. What's the point of re-ordering the same thing when the prints are already incorrectly and disproportionally printed?
'
Re-order basically means printing the same "cut off image" AGAIN. That's a waste of time and resources. On the other hand, it wastes my time to wait for the re-order, especially time is what i pay for in order to get my orders within the holiday deadlines. THE SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!

My friend who works for Shutterfly recommended your service to me. Yet this is utterly disappointing. No refund, no edit, no alternative options available. What type of customer service is this? It's ultimately dissatisfying and I will never recommend Shutterfly's prints if this situation does not get resolved.

Share Shutterfly's store rating

Shutterfly is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Shutterfly is not a merchant member
Shutterfly does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!