Stores > ThredUP

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.34/10 1.34/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.94/10 1.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.97/10 1.97/10
Voice your opinion! Review ThredUP by clicking a star below.
2017-10-07

Very very very disappointed!!!!!!

"I would not recommend this website at all.
Especially if you are selling them clothes.
Plus, I sent a bunch of clothes and accessories and one purse.
And for the total of clothes that they accepted (worth at least $100, they give me only $12!!!)
I asked for the clean out bag back if they didn't want it.
And I am missing few of them!!!!
They didn't take time to put my clothes back in the bag, it seems like they just threw it back in there!!!!!!
I really should've read the reviews first.
We can't even talk to a customer service representative on the phone.
Worse experience ever!!!!!!

2017-10-05

Seller beware!!

"Just a warning, do not sell your items to this company. I personally sent two (2) huge bags packed full of great items. Name branded items jeans, skirts, shirts, heels, scarfs, etc. Brands ranging from Jcrew, American Eagle, White House black market, Lee, BKE, seven for mankind, etc. all items were washed before sendoff as they require and no items had any tears, stains or any defects.
Well they only pay you based on what they feel like I guess, on those two bags I only made $5.22 total!!!! Ridiculous! You are better off going to a local consignment shop and selling your stuff to them. I did that with my remaining clothes I had and they paid me $120.00. So if you don’t want to get ripped off by these people sell your stuff elsewhere!

2017-10-04

DON’T DO IT!!!

"Seriously if you wanna make ANY kind of money sell it at a local consignment......NOT HERE!! I sent in a bag with more than 20 clothing items (nice clothing)....I got $4. They sold my Eddie Bauer’s skirt for $11.99 and gave me $.50 cents of it....seriously that’s ****!!! SUPPORT LOCAL!!"

2017-10-03

Scam

"They take your items and "consider" them only to donate them. The worst of it is that that CHARGE you to send your items back, like seriously? thats why I consider it a scam. At the least if they don't accept your items they should send them back to you LIKE EVERY OTHER STORE instead you have TO PAY to get your items you want to sell back. Their customer service is ridiculously unhelpful, ignorant, and rude. They're not anywhere where I would sell/shop again."

2017-10-01

Don't Do It

"I sent in a large bag of brand name clothing, some still with tags on them. I think that I got about $12. for the bag. From things I had read, I expected at least $50, if not more. Sell them at a local consignment store or donate them instead. "

2017-10-01

I learned a big lesson!

"I once sold my items to thredUP and would receive $150/$300 a bag. The last three bags, with the same brands, some new with tags, that I have always sent have been awful. I have netted less then $15 a bag that was stuffed to the brim. I read on their site that they take photos of why your items were rejected and send you a file. I have never received an email file of why you have rejected my brand name and new with tags items. Very disappointed and would not recommend. "

2017-09-30

Thread Up wins, You lose

" The only positive thing I can say is that you are sent a bag to fill with your unwanted clothing and shoes, and return it all expenses on them. Their items, though in fairly good condition, are very pricey. I found I got nothing in return for quality items I sent to them. If you’re looking for a bargain, go to your local thrift store. Or better yet check department store clearance sales, use coupons and buy brand new unused items for far less than Thread Up sells their’s. I would never recommend Threadup to anybody . As a mother of four, I have been bargain shopping for nearly 40 years I know a thing or two about finding good deals. Thread Up is not one of them."

2017-09-28

The worst

"This site takes an incredibly high cut, along with being shady about paying out. Additionally, it took them over 2 months just to go through my bag. I regret the time that I ever put into consigning with them. Recently, one of my items sold for $18 and they gave me .55. I feel scammed. Just stay far away. "

2017-09-27

Thred up Scams it's sellers and makes a huge profit. DO NOT BUY OR SELL TO THEM.

"I had purchased from their website several times without issue and decided to send my designer clothes in. I must have had over $200 worth of clothing and was given $18 for it. I also was not given a choice to get my clothes back to cancel the process. They scammed me out of hundreds of dollars of clothes and sold them fora huge profit. They treat their resellers like sweatshop workers! DO NOT BUY OR SELL. lawsuit anyone??"

2017-09-23

Love these guys

"I am not someone that would normally resell my clothes. I would donate them. This site allows me to get some money for the clothes I no longer want. And I can just drop it in the mail. It's. so. easy. And I've shopped with them many, many, many time. Returns take a while (my only complaint but I can deal with that) but they're easy too. I've gotten so really great clothes. And yes, this is a store and yes, they are making a profit off what you've sold them. That's what stores do. "

2017-09-21

Seller Beware

"I had a lot of clothing that I was ready to get rid of and decided to try and make a little bit of money. I had a lot of name brand items including several modcloth items with tags still on. I sent a large bag of clothes to thredup.com and they kept 8 items. Not bad, right? WRONG. I ended up making -$5 from the transaction. That's right, I LOST money (I already had a credit and they take $9.99 out for the price of the bag). I checked all the items I kept and the 8 items total $121 dollars in revenue for Thredup. So...they made $121 and I lost $5. Total ripoff. I felt like I was robbed. I wish I'd just donated to Goodwill and known it was going to a worthy cause. "

2017-09-20

Disappointing. Support local, don't support this crap.

"So, checked out Thred Up on a whim, from a podcast ad. Saw some cool jeans, thought hey great price! Started the checkout process, thinking it would be like any other online purchase, went to use my discount code but there was no where to put that, and then instead of "You will have a chance to confirm your order" you get "THANKS FOR YOUR PURCHASE"
Emailed them to cancel order and got "Not possible, already shipped!" ...............at 2 am. Yeah ok....
Order confirms shipment A WEEK LATER...guess it wasn't already shipped right?
Makes its way here, I deny the shipment as informed, it gets back to their center. I hear nothing even though it was received a week ago. Maybe they think I just forgot. teeheehee
Today they refunded the order after I emailed them AGAIN. Maybe they were "confirming items were in the exact same condition which takes a while" Lol yeah.. i never even touched the box.
1. I emailed customer service for updates multiple times. got different people EVERY TIME. So be prepared to copy paste your story to save time typing it out!
2. The refund was minus 30$ (shipping and handling....duty....taxes AMAZING) so they still got their hearty chunk of change. Guess I should have just ripped open the box and consigned locally, at least them I wouldn't be cursing their name and beating myself up for visiting their stupid stupid ripoff of a website.
but hey!! THEY ARE ONLY HUMAN RIGHT????????????????????????????? negative reviews come from **** customer service and policies guys, and just saying "hey we're nice be nice too" isn't enough

2017-09-20

Don't do it!!!!!

"I have been a wardrobe stylist/personal shopper for 16+ years so am very familiar with the consignment process. I decided to try ThreadUp, thinking that I would get a better payout since they don't have a brick and mortar store. Boy was I wrong.I feel SICK about the things I sent and how little I'm going to get for them. These items were either brand new with tags or designer, and I basically am going to end up netting about $10. Ridiculous. This site is a RIP OFF. Stay away!!!"

2017-09-19

So kind, great stuff, cheap prices

"I love thredup! They have great prices and an even better staff. They help me constantly when I return stuff. Thanks!!"

2017-09-17

Love it!

"I love thread up!! It gives me free shipping if you use the app & give it notifications turned on, and I love their customer service & there clothes. It's super fun getting their polka dot packages, and I HIGHLY recommend them! Try them out, see what you think, but make sure to give them a chance."

Share ThredUP's store rating

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!