Stores > Verizon Wireless

Product & services pricing Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
Voice your opinion! Review Verizon Wireless by clicking a star below.
2018-02-13

The absolute worst greedy unhelpful conglomerate!!

"If I could give this company negative 20 stars it wouldn't be enough. I've been a loyal customer for over 12 years. Ive urged several people to they're service. This company absolutely ****!!
I was a grandfathered unlimited data subscriber and had been for the last 12 years. I went into a Verizon hub I had been using to pay my ridiculously high bill. They were offering free tablets for a $10 monthly fee that they claimed could be hooked into my existing data plan. I thought well why not??? So I said let's try it but under no circumstance do I want it to disrupt my current longtime service I've had. They assured me it wouldn't affect it at all. I agreed, what a grievous mistake!!!! 2 days later I get a data overage alert. I promptly called in to inquire as to why? They told me my plan had been changed and that was all the data I had 1 gigabyte! I was shocked by this and said I did not authorize a plan change. They told me ok no problem you're inside the 15 day return period 2.5 days had passed. Return the equipment and all will be as it was. (NOT THE CASE AT ALL! ). Another over an hour call to cutomer service (what a joke) to get 7-10 days to process a ticket. Well that goes by and still no change still no data and nothing but aggravation. The rep then tells me it was denied and processed another ticket. Another 7-10 days goes by during this time frame I called every other day to get updates on the claim. ALL smoke and mirrors. These reps are incompetent don't know how to handle a problem at all. On multiple occasions I called and asked for a supervisor do you think I got one? NOT! Anyway after hours of my life wasted on hold they slap me in the face and pretty much tell me I got screwed and there's nothing they can do. So I decide to try and change my plan to the new rip you off unlimited data plan I'm not getting anywhere with getting my old plan back. Oh thats no problem I decide to use my phone upgrade to get a newer device and clearly and politely for my trouble get the activation fees waived, sure no problem even more bullshit! I get an email during the call to pay $90 for the device now. I ask her why oh I can't waive that What! You just said you could? Instead I get $20 taken off my current bill. $20 for a 12 year loyalty to Verizon seriously? In short they in 30 seconds shut off my plan, turned me on to another unauthorized unwanted plan, **** me around for half a month, screw with my data which is how I make my $, blow smoke up my **** and put me in a situation where I had to change my plan so I could work, couldnt waive a small one time fee to appease my discontent. They valued my 12 years of loyalty at $20. Absolute bullshit this company blows. If your thinking of using Verizon think again they are $ hungry overpriced ripoff artists who don't care about you. They're motto should be gimme your $$$. Verizon you and your nonexistent customer service **** and I will never ever even look your way again. If you were the last provider I would go without. Good bye and good riddance!!!!!!!!

2018-02-05

Can't redirect online order of phone

"I have literally spent hours on the phone with multiple Verizon CSRs over the last week to resolve VERIZON'S mistake of shipping my online order to my billing address (where I do not currently live), despite the fact that I selected in-store-pickup during the online transaction. It's clear Verizon does not have a procedure for dealing with the VERY SIMPLE matter of changing a shipping address on an order. Their customer service staff is both clueless and apparently powerless to implement any kind of satisfactory solution in this situation. Honestly, this is one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had with any company in my life. I have now been promised by 2 different agents that the phone would be delivered by 10:30 am on two different dates, and it has still not been delivered. At this point I am beyond **** and will be switching my cell service provider at the earliest opportunity. This is completely ridiculous.

Verizon should allow the option to redirect a shipment address online (or at least not eff up an order to begin with).They should at least train csr's literally on ANY procedure for handling this scenario that actually solves the problem for the customer, since it's clear they are currently of incompetent of coming up with any semblance of a solution.

I don't really give an eff how nice customer service reps are when they are INEFFECTIVE at solving the actual issue I am calling about. Many of the employees I spoke with were doing the best they could to help me, but they were basically untrained and unempowered to actually fix the problem. It's not their fault, it's Verizon's fault, and has made me seriously lose confidence in the company's capacity to competitively meet consumer needs. Aka, I'm switching carriers asap.

That said, if anyone has dealt with this issue in the past and has experience to share on how they resolved it, I’m eager to hear it. As of right now, Verizon has still failed monumentally to help me fix THEIR mistake.

2018-01-11

Don’t buy your son or daughter a Verizon phone.

"For many years my wife, my daughter, my son, and I all owned Verizon phones. One by one, we transferred to other carriers, until the only phone on the Verizon account was my daughter’s. Then, early in 2017, ownership of the Verizon account was officially transferred through Verizon from myself to my daughter. My daughter was well into adulthood at the time. Imagine my surprise when Verizon reported negative information on me to a credit agency many months later. Since the account was transferred to my daughter, I had not received a bill, a late notice, or a collection notice from Verizon. Imagine my greater surprise when Verizon told the credit agency that the negative report was accurate. When I owned the account, I sometimes made payments from a bank account I had linked to it, but I removed that payment method before the account was transferred. I don’t even know the credentials of the account to be able to communicate with Verizon about it. I wrote to Verizon and if you can believe it, a Verizon executive called me and spent an hour commiserating with me because he had once been reported to a collection agency for a student loan. However, he refused to remove the negative information from my credit report. After I posted an earlier version of this review on another website, another Verizon executive left me multiple messages that my e-mail address and telephone number do not match the e-mail address and telephone number on the account. It’s hard to know where dishonesty ends and stupidity begins. But to me, the lesson is clear: Don’t buy your son or daughter a Verizon phone."

2017-12-06

Just as depressing as my life.

"I've had Verizon for a long part of my life. It ruined it for all of my life. The Internet is TRASH, speed is slow as 100 KBS. I can barley load a website while someone else is using the internet. If you are interested in buying Verizon for your internet provider, DO NOT! You are wasting your money, I'd rather go to optimum, along with many others. I will be switching soon to optimum due to the horrible speed of Verizon. I can barley download/update a game without having to wait a couple of days for a 25 MB update. Verizon has slow internet, for a high price. And do not purchase FIOS, it just made our internet speed slower. "

2017-12-04

double talk and miss information

"have been a customer for years, the phone and wifi work well, but you have no way of knowing if you are getting the best plan or paying the lowest price. the stores are selling devices for as much as double what you can buy online, when trying to get straight answers about different plans you can talk to one person online or in the stores, wait and hour contact a different person and be told something completely different. and when it comes to the reps in the stores they must be hiring day labor. because no one works there for any length of time. "

2017-11-29

Don't be Fool by Verizon

"I had used this phone company for about 1 year. when i sign up for they gave me some useless technology call Jetpack and told this is "fancy" technology free for customer who just started a the new contract. This Jetpack which they claimed is "free and no hidden fee" turned out to be a fancy trick from the Verizon wireless since this piece of technology automatic sign me up in 3 year contact of the useless technology (Jetpack) which have no value to me or any costumers. The Jetpack let you share your expensive data which is free in some other phone company with everyone around. However on my account i got 16 gb of data which is shared for 2 phone numbers, the Jetpack is as good as a paper weight for me. By giving me some confusing message, their customer service tricked me to sign up for the "Free Jetpack"

the Verizon to scamming unaware customer like me for more money in many ways:
First, if I use the Jetpack to share with everyone else, it will drain all of my 16 Gb data quickly. Second, the Jetpack is one great way for Verison to force the customer to spend extra since the Jetpack will drain my 16 GB in days. Third, the Jetpack keeps me under a separate account which complete different from my main 2 contract account and it lasted for 3 years. Fourth, the hidden account for Jetpack is charge extra $100 even after i cancel my main account phone account because they told me that it is separate account, however this piece of useless technology doesn't work without the phone number. Fifth, even when i tried to contact and try to get rid of the scam the Verizon throw at me, I got charge $75 for early terminate the useless piece of technology which I not even used once. When I called their customer service to ask why, the customer service put the blame on me because I was unaware of their trick? Over all, I would give 0 out of 10 if I could for my horrible experience with Verizon. Honestly, I'm glad that I have finally got out of the Verizon contact.

Also the phone service pretty much the same as other phone company unless you live in some hard to reach places. The different i noticed is that Verizon is a lot more expensive plus extra fee on their Data which other phone company offer "unlimited data with affordable prices". I have a lot of stress using Verizon because I keep getting extra charge due to over use my 16 GB data. Note this: 16 GB share data for 2 contacts is equal to 8 GB and everything you doing using the internet will count in the data. For me, my 16 GB data only lasted for about 2-3 week with doing minimal amount like 15minute a day on the fancy things like play game, go on the internet, watch youtube. It is so stressful to use the internet since the Verizon will charge addition free for any extra data which happen often. About other service, like texting and phone call it is pretty much the same as other cheaper phone company unless I really care about the technical stuff which I don’t. The only reason I got trick into Verizon is that the internet rated them as number one in some fancy websites. Don't get trick!!!

My experience with Verizon is nothing less than a nightmare, I lost about $1000 for the Jet pack payment + $75 which later reduce to "$40" for a useless paper weight, the Jet pack, probably pay about $200 on the extra fee on their expensive data, and many other hidden free that I can't remember. Don't be fool like me, choose wisely.

2017-11-14

THE WORST EVER? YEP

"Verizon is running a tremendous scam on their switch promotion. You do not see one red cent to pay off your old provider. They cannot even put the balance of your traded in phone or your rebates towards the phone you have on their account. It can only be used to pay your bill. So if you are expecting ANY money to pay your old provider forget it. BBB complaint filed, their corporate rep Jessica called me and said the exact same thing a tier one chat agent told me. She also confirmed that IF you cancel your account with Verizon, THEN the balance of the credit gets applied to the price of the phone on your account. Can you believe they operate that way? A customer has to CANCEL their service in order for the money they got for THEIR old phone to be applied in a manner THEY wish. Notice, everything customer-centric is NOT a possibility until you CANCEL VERIZON SERVICE. Then and only then can you use the rebates and credit towards your phone towards the balance of your phone or as a check. In other words, the entire rebate just goes towards your monthly bill. A GOOD WAY to ensure VERIZON gets ALL of their money back from the rebates and sold phones. IT IS A RACKET. A BRILLIANT RACKET. GOOD FOR VERIZON - BAD FOR THE CUSTOMER. Stay clear of them all together. That is a shady way to operate and already, under 30 days of Service are by far the worst customer experience company I have ever come across and I work in the industry. "

2017-11-11

Worst customer service experience

"I have been with Verizon for almost 5 years now and I have been frustrated too many times to count. The problem is that the people tell me something and then it is not that way. I had 4.9 GB left and I paid for 3 GB, but I only have 6 GB! I want to make sure I get the data I paid for. I can't get anyone on the phone to speak to and just endless robots! I have had it and the future is not going to include Verizon! "

2017-11-01

Horrible

"Had Verizon for 4+ years.. spending $270 a month for the same package at T-Mobile for less than half of that with an upgrade on a phone. Most IMPORTANTLY, the customer service has rapidly declined over the years. Absolutely unhelpful in resolving things and unhelpful during natural disasters! (They shut off my phone for a week because I was late DURING/because hurricane Irma and this WAS explained to them...) etc. Bad experiences. Tired of them screwing me over."

2017-08-23

Poor Losers

"You find out Verizon's true colors when you try and leave them. We were a customer for 15 years and we loved the coverage we had with Verizon but could no longer afford the monthly bills do to a loss of a job. We switched to T-Mobil, saving us about 300 a month. During the switch Verizon is suppose to send you a detailed bill so that you can submit it to T-Mobil and get the bill paid off. Verizon continued to send summary bills, even though we called them directly and requested the detailed bills, multiple times. I found out on my own that you can go to a corporate store and have them print one out on the spot. So after all this delay we submitted the bill to T-Mobile and they said it would be 4-5 weeks to process. Meanwhile Verizon sent us to collections. We tried to let Verizon know what we were going through and they didn't seem to care at all. We paid off the bill completely but Verizon refuses to remove the charge off from our credit. Although the Executive office said if we came back to Verizon they could maybe work something out. Yes we made mistakes, but we corrected them and did the right thing and paid off our bill. We probably would have gone back to Verizon when our financing improved, but they made it impossible to go back now. You are only a number to them and it shows if you need something from them. "

2017-08-17

Rip off

"Terrible customer service. Charged me for a phone I returned. "

2017-08-10

Fake deals, cheats

"Fake deals, they make all offers which they don't honor and then sends u crazy bills."

2017-08-08

Thieves

"I am one of the luck lg g4 owners. I lost everything! My daughter's first year on this earth all documented on a piece of crap phone that just died one day! I tried asking if I paid extra could they fix the bad connection without deleting all those memories and I was told no. Its policy to delete it once the phone is fixed. And then Verizon replaces my dead phone with another piece of crap phone that never works! Someone else's refurbished crap! I call today and they say let's do a factory reset! How about you send me a phone that works since I paid for a working phone from the beginning! I hate this company it's a ****, no good, does not care about how they effected their customers company. I hate it and I hope the lose something valuable like so many other people who were effect by their crappy equipment. Stay away! Go with another company! "

2017-07-30

unfair costs

"After waiting for service (what other retail store makes the customer wait) I reluctantly purchased my first i-phone. In addition to the absurd cost of the phone, I had to pay a $30 'Upgrade Fee'. Did I inconvenience them by shopping at their store?! Why charge a $30 penalty fee for upgrading your phone, do they not want the business?! I'm already paying the higher price for the new phone. And they then inform me that the updates will likely stop before I even pay off the phone! What kind of business is that?! How is this company still in business?!!"

2017-07-12

Verizon is the largest scam business

"To date, verizon still owes my family about 300 dollars. I had the Note seven that I was promised I would be reimbursed for the payments I had made, and the two tax fees, and restocking fees I had to pay, because i also switched to another Note 7 when they "fixed" it. I have filed complaints several times, and every time my conversation has ended with "I'll get this approved through my supervisor and get back with you in two days" Once I even asked for the customer service lady's full name and/or email so that I could contact her just in case she didn't contact me back, and she assured me there was no need for that because she would get back with me. I live in a rural area, and no other company gets service here, so I have no other options. But my family and I have been utterly taken advantage of. "

Share Verizon Wireless's store rating

Verizon Wireless is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Verizon Wireless is not a merchant member
Verizon Wireless does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!