Stores > decluttr.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.67/10 4.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.04/10 6.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.27/10 4.27/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review decluttr.com by clicking a star below.
2017-12-14

Horrible customer service

"Held my system for 2 weeks to ship it back unsafe with tons of flopping room in box. 0’d out DVD’s they said they’d buy and said they weren’t scanned in which is a lie. They’re in my history and I have the original email. "

2017-12-08

TOTAL SCAM

"This company is terrible and very unreliable. If I could give it zero stars, I would. I sent them my Apple iPhone 6s, with an estimated return of $230. Both Apple and Verizon offered $196 buy back on the phone (with retail personnel assessing the phone in person for damage). The phone had normal wear-and-tear, but no major scratches, cracks, dents, etc. and was fully functional.

I decided to go with Decluttr to resell because it seemed like a painless solution that offered more money. My phone was not processed in 24-hours of arrival, as the site says. After processing, they claimed the frame on the phone was bent (an issue that neither Apple or Verizon or myself seemed to detect) and only offered $69 for the phone. I tried to call to see what could be done and was met with a rude customer service agent and a system that was down, so no further help was offered. I attempted to reject the offer online, and request my phone be sent back to me, however the online system did not recognize my password. So I went through the reset process over 5x, and did not receive any emails from the business to actually reset my password as the instructions listed.

This company is a scam. They provide a high tentative offer, and after you send your property, hope that the effort of getting it back will outweigh the dismal offer they came back with. I would recommend anyone who wants to sell a device, take it to the company you purchased it from, sell on craigslist, etc. The headache of this company was not worth $69 of my time, let alone $69 offer for a $800 cell phone that is just over a year old, with no damage.

2017-12-01

Bait and Switch

"I sent them a perfect iPhone, they said it was worth $260, then claimed the case was scratched and paid me $70! They sent a picture and there was a new scratch across it, that they must have caused. I'll never do business with them again. Stay away!"

HORRIBLE customer service

"All labels are set for 8 pounds in spite of the fact that they tell you to pack as much as you can in one box. UPS refused my shipment as the package weighed 40 pounds (Decluttr accepts up to 70) and stated that Decluttr was ripping them off. And that drivers get hurt when they lift a package labeled 8 pounds that actually weighs more than that.

I have written 4 times and the last rep told me to print multiple labels for the same box! Prior to that the answer was canned and it was clear that nobody was reading my message. Sent yet another message asking it to go to a supervisor and filing with BBB.

Save your time folks... For a potential $35 I wasted a lot of time!

Best experience

"I really expected some trouble, but THERE WAS NONE!!! Oh my goodness, first time doing this and it was AMAZING. Just be patient and you will get very good money for your items. Thank you so much, Decluttr. God bless!"

Fraud and scam

"They tell you a price and then change it when they receive your item. I described the item correctly. I called customer service and they were terrible. Please stay away. Look at the other reviews. I wish I had. These people are fraudulent in their business. I will file a complaint with BBB. "

2017-11-27

They are a scam

"They gave me a written receipt for $312.56 to send them 54 DVDs and Books but after I mailed two huge boxes to them they sent me a email with a $52.56 price instead of the $312.56 when I called them they said there was a cliche in the system. And they are not paying me what they promised in writing."

2017-11-19

Patience is a virtue

"This firm will work with you in order to pay. One has to be patient because it could take up to a couple of months to get paid. What they advertise is not exactly what they do. If you're interested in getting rid of things this is a good place to be but don't expect a lot of money back for your DVDs. They really only pay on average $0.10 on a $25 item."

2017-11-13

Easy, Quick Smooth Trade-In DVD Experience

"This site was easy to use as I entered in the UPC codes on the back of the DVDs during my first experience with them. I saw what each one was valued at instantly and within less than 10 business days I got paid via PayPal. They only took one business day to go over my 20 or so DVDs I traded-in and paid me promptly. I'll definitely use them again as they are fast, pay for a shipping label and are quick with paying you for your trade-ins. Other sites I had used took a week or two to process my DVDs and then another week to pay."

2017-11-12

possible scam

"I sent a Galaxy S6 which they deemed faulty due to speaker damage and an S5 which they also deemed faulty due to "battery - not charging." That battery was only six months old and was working fine when I sent it. They changed the offers from $115 and $80 to $11.50 and $4.80; I refused and took the phones back."

2017-11-11

Stay away from Decluttr, don't be tempted

"I ordered a Pixel XL - Decluttr sent a Pixel.
Decluttr wrote that the phone is in "Very Good" condition - the phone has huge bump.
I contacted Decluttr with Amazon's "Different from what I ordered > Ask for a replacement" - no response from Decluttr.
I contacted Amazon customer service who contacted Decluttr - no response from Decluttr.

Stay away from Decluttr, don't be tempted.

Great Experience!

"I had a huge box of CD's from the 90's that I just didn't want to donate to the library...they were worth something! So I used the Decluttr app and it was super easy. I just scanned each barcode and then packed them up and mailed them for free. A week or so later, my check arrived. AWESOME service!!"

happy

"very fast service will use it more"

Easy Money!!!

"I needed to clean out my house and make a little extra money but didn't want to haul my DVDs and CDs all over town to sell them. This was the perfect solution. I could clean our my collection on my schedule at my pace. Shipping was paid for and super easy, the email communication was timely and informative. I knew exactly where my things were in the process. I highly recommend!!!"

2017-11-07

SCAM. CROOKS. DO NOT USE

"They will lie to you dvd or cd you scan them send them in they say some are missing which is lies or they say they can't use them and they will not send them back and they will not pay you for them because they are going to resell them and phone's they will say they phone is stolen or locked or it don't work but still they wi give you a few bucks for it because they are going to resell it and get big bucks off it and all the people who give them 5 stars are people who work for them this company is a scam any good reviews is all lies put up by the company so please do not use them unless you just want to give your stuff away for free if so i will take it and soon this company will be gone there are so many reports with the BBB on how bad they are and how they rip people off and scam them and tell people all theses lies so please do not and i mean do not use them and they have also taken money out of people's pay pal accounts like i said do not use them unless you want to give your stuff away for free"

Share decluttr.com's store rating

decluttr.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

decluttr.com is not a merchant member
decluttr.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!