Stores > monoprice.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.83/10 1.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.17/10 1.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review monoprice.com by clicking a star below.
2017-12-04

The old Monoprice is gone

"I've bought from monoprice for years and was always happy and never had an issue. That all ended recently.

I ordered a TV Wall Mount and a Cable. They sent only the cable. The package was sent through UPS and was small enough to only be a cable, yet the shipping weight was listed on the package as 28lbs. We thought maybe the Wall Mount because of being bigger was coming separately or something, but we never got a 2nd tracking number and after nearly a week there was nothing.

Since then I have tried to contact them via email, through their online chat and also by phone. None of them have they responded to in the least. I've never seen such a terrible demonstration of customer service.

Do not give them your business. See that they either fix their problems or that they go out of business.

2017-11-29

Good company until something goes wrong

"They have good products and good prices. Most people would give five stars because they get what they ordered and it works out of the box.

But if you ever have to contact them about a warranty or a DOA product you might wonder if any humans work at this company. Their tech support and customer service is just plain non-existent. I've only gotten automated emails from them saying "someone will contact you within 3 days, if you don't hear from use by then try again"

2017-11-19

Warranty Good luck

"I feel like I have been scammed by Monoprice. Wrote support in Sept. 2017 about warranty on a cable and they said someone will be in contact with me soon. Not a peep in 3 weeks so I write back in Oct. 2017. Still nothing and today is 11/19/17. I even wrote to their Facebook page with no result. Sure does seem like a scam to sell faulty products and not stand by the warranty if you ask me! Stay far away from Monoprice!!! "

2017-11-13

Horrible shipping and replacement experience

"The shipper lost the delivery and kept pushing out the delivery date. I reported it to monoprice after the package was two days late, and they said I had to wait two additional days for an investigation before a replacement could be sent out. After waiting three business days, the replacement still hadn't been sent out. I contacted customer service only to find out that now they were out of stock of the product. I received zero communication from monoprice customer service regarding the issue.

I have purchased many times from monoprice in the past and have recommended monoprice to many people. This is definitely my last order from them for the foreseeable future, and I will no longer be recommending monoprice to people.

2017-11-01

Good products, poor Customer Service - full refund not received

"Based on the false description of a product on Monoprice.com web site, I have ordered some other unnecessary items. As advised by them, I returned them later, but received only a partial refund.

Since then, I tried to contact Monoprice Customer Service and Refund departments several times, asking for explanation, but with no luck. They stopped replying to my messages.

I tried to leave a comment/review on their web site, but they never published it.

I purchased these and some other items at Monoprice.com for a school, spent hundreds of dollars.

BTW, they still did not correct the wrong description of the item.

Monoprice.com seems to be an untrusted seller with poor Customer Service. Beware!!

2017-10-12

Purchase 3D printer experience

"Purchased a 3D printer (open box). Missing a part when it arrived. Sent it back. Received the replacement (open box). Missing other parts. They over-rated their quality of a "tested" product. Entire process took 2~3 weeks.

I purchased two desktop from them a month ago. One of them has broken corners.

Their prices are good. Their staff are very polite and easy to work with. However, the quality control needs to significantly improve. The replacement process needs to expedite.

2017-10-10

Should have read reviews before ordering

"Great prices get you every time ! I should have read the reviews before placing order. I paid for two day shipping and ordered on an afternoon so could have been shipped same day.
Didn't get shipped until LATE next day and arrived three business days later. What a waste of time. Never again .... you get what you pay for.

2017-10-03

Customer service is very, very bad.

"Monoprice used to be a really good resource for a limited selection of (mostly electronic and computer) products, but they made up for the lack of variety with low prices and responsive and efficient customer service. Now they sell an extensive selection of weirdly unrelated merchandise (camping gear! bike tires! trumpets!) and the customer service is just plain TERRIBLE -- think repeated customer service and/or return requests and emails that go unanswered, a website "Live Chat" function that doesn't work, obscenely long wait/hold times on the phone, clueless and unhelpful employees, etc, etc.

That said, the prices seem like they're still pretty competitive (that trumpet can be yours for just $170!), so if you have no expectation or intention of ever utilizing their customer support you may come away satisfied. As for me, I don't think I'll be buying from them again anytime soon.

2017-09-30

Customer Service Horrible

"I received a defective optical HDMI cable, so I initiated a RMA to send it back for replacement 2 weeks ago. The only contact I have gotten from them so far, despite multiple attempts to get status from them, is asking me to confirm my shipping address. This is odd, since they already have it and they haven't even provided instructions for sending the defective cable back yet. I've ordered a lot from this company over the years but due to this experience they have lost me as a future customer. They also deleted my honest review of the cable I received."

2017-09-23

Horrible

"Once Monoprice started using GSO for shipping.......I stopped buying from them. You will never receive your package. I had my CC company take the charge off my card and ordered from Amazon instead. Got my package in two days. "

2017-09-12

Still Waiting

"Received a chromebook that was obviously used/reconditioned. Nowhere was it advertised as such. Received RMA# for return, along with apology for item not being described adequately, returned item, now weeks later no refund given. Emailed them again several days ago, no response. Will NOT order from them again."

2017-09-05

Extremely Slow Returns Department

"Customer service is extremely slow. Returned DOA product has been in their warehouse for over a week with no action. Now being told that it will be another 9 days before resolution."

2017-08-31

Unreliable shipping; impossible to get customer service

"I ordered an 18U rack from Monoprice at the end of July. On the day it was due to arrive the shipper GSO contacted me to say unfortunately the item was damaged and would be returned to Monoprice. Things happen – that's life.

Monoprice said they'd need to wait for GSO to return the item before they could ship out a replacement. I was in a hurry, so I requested a refund on the first order, and ordered the item a second time.

The second order arrived and when I looked at the box I knew something was wrong. It was way too small – Monoprice shipped me a 6U rack instead of the 18U one. I requested a return label which Monoprice provided after a few days of waiting, and returned the 6U rack via UPS. I send Monoprice the tracking code for the return and they shipped out the 18U rack again via GSO. GSO contacted me shortly after to tell me the item was "missing" in their system. GSO would not give me any more information and told me I needed to contact Monoprice directly for more information. Monoprice tells me they don't have the item back and won't issue a refund until they get it. I figure eventually this will shake out and I'll get a refund.

I was STILL in a hurry, so I made a third order. I chose UPS this time for delivery (at roughly an extra $70 in cost) because it's clear GSO isn't up to the task. The item that arrived looks like it had been beaten with a baseball bat. The rack inside was scratched to hell, slightly bent, and the screws and bolts that came with it were falling out of the box. At this point I just have no idea what's going on. I asked Monoprice what to do and they said they couldn't send me a full complement of bolts for the product, and in fact I have the last one in their inventory meaning they have no more of these racks to send as a replacement. I'm just totally at a loss. I'm filing a fraud inquiry with my credit card provider since Monoprice is completely non-responsive to their customer service phone number.

Monoprice is a good deal only if your time is worthless.

2017-08-24

Used to be a great company

"I placed an order and the shipping was delayed by two days. I paid for expedited shipping too. The delivery company (GSO) said they attempted to make a delivery but it was an "Unsafe Location," and there is no update on when they will actually make the delivery. I live in a small, quiet residential neighborhood, my house has a covered porch, and there were 8 people at the house most of which were only feet from the front door. There was no attempted delivery, the driver lied to get out of making one.
I sent several emails to MonoPrice asking for an update but have yet to receive a reply - 3rd day waiting. I finally called the shipping company to find out what was going on, and they said they will come out in the next day or so. I needed the items two days ago.
This is my final order from MonoPrice, they used to be great but now are so unreliable it is not worth the risk.

2017-08-16

Held off on shipping order for 3+ days without telling me

"Typically Monoprice is great, but this order was horrible. Placed my order on Sunday evening and the order was marked as expected to ship the next day. I had order several things I needed for a project for the next weekend and with 3-5 business days shipping, I had full confidence I would have my items in time. However, Wednesday rolls around and I noticed that I hadn't gotten a shipment notification so I check the site for the order status. It has everything marked as shipped, but the order is in progress. That made no sense to me so I contacted customer service. They said that they held off on shipping my order because one of the items I ordered was not available at that location so they had to wait to get it from another location. They then asked if I would like to split the shipments. So, they could have split the shipment ensuring I still got the vast bulk of my order on time or they could just hold everything, not inform me at all, and just send it to me whenever they wanted. I have no idea how long I would have been waiting if I didn't go look for the status myself. Screwed me over on the things I needed. I'll just go with Amazon next time. At least I know it'll get here when they say it will."

Share monoprice.com's store rating

monoprice.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

monoprice.com is not a merchant member
monoprice.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!