800-996-8637

Customer service: 5.00/10
Return/Replacement policy: 4.75/10
2018-07-11

Love This Company

"I have been a customer with Zzounds for more than 6 years now. I have purchased many products such as PA Speakers, Keyboards, Recording Monitors, 32 track Recording Mixer, and even Recording Software such as Sonar, PreSonus and I have NEVER been disappointed. I probably spent during the course of being their customer over $8,000.00 worth of equipment. If I haven't found out about Zzounds, I would not have been able to purchase most of the musical items from my local musical store in cash because truthfully, who has that kind of cash to pay upfront? Not me. So making payments works just fine for me. And to think you can use the items while you're paying. No interest fee, no credit check, just pay as you play. I have never had an issue with delivery and I only had to return an item once and never had a problem doing so. Once they received the product, I was reimbursed IN FULL, (except for shipping cost to receive the item). I love the fact that they inform you by email when your next payment is due and if I had a problem with making that payment on that scheduled time all I have to do is call them and request for them to change the date and they accept my request. I am and always will be a loyal customer of Zzounds and I do recommend this company to all my musician friends. "

2018-06-17

Smooth transaction!

"I ordered a guitar from Zzounds, received it 2 days later with no issues. Guitar came sealed in original factory packaging. Free 2 day shipping, low prices, I am pleased."

2018-06-09

As Promised!

" So I really wanted a brand new Fender Pro Stratocaster. I ordered the Antique Olive W/maple neck. Did the Play as you Pay plan for 12 months. Put in my order around 10 PM on a Friday night. I got an email about 25 min later saying I was approved. Order would be at my house Wednesday. Over the next few days I started reading the reviews of ZZsounds. Honestly I became very concerned because of all the negative reviews I read. I was afraid it was too good to be true. Anyway, Wednesday morning around 11 AM my guitar arrived. Fed ex did kind of **** me off in that they just left it on my front porch and did not ask for a signature or even ring the doorbell. But, that is not ZZSounds fault. I opened it and it is a beautiful factory sealed fender pro Strat! It is an amazing guitar. My online account for ZZSounds tells me the date and amount for each payment . Below that it tells me how much in total I owe. So... it has been a great experience! I absolutely plan on making every single payment on time. I do not foresee any problems. So I got exactly what I was promised. No complaints from me! "

2018-06-06

Avoid Like The Plague

"Better hope you don't have to return something. (if you're lucky enough to actually receive it) Since they're not making a sale due to the item being returned they'll just come up with a lie to justify not refunding you and/or charging a ridiculous fee. Decided to utilize their payment plan on a guitar. First payment being $71. Guitar sounded terrible so naturally, I returned it. Got an email stating the guitar I ordered had residue on the back of the body which appears to be from adhesive and that photos are available upon request, and that I was being charged $55 for it. Called and asked to see the photos and they refused, then said there's nothing they can do. That guitar did not go anywhere near any adhesive or anything to cause 'residue' I simply packed it EXACTLY as it was when they shipped it to me. If you don't want residue on your guitar then stop packing it in stuff that leaves residue. Simple as that. In addition, although the order was marked "refund issued" I received a big whopping $1.95. Nice!

I typically shop at Sweetwater, but gave Zzounds a chance because the guitar I wanted was not in stock. Won't happen again. Dishonest company and judging from several other reviews both on Facebook and elsewhere, I'm not the only one that has been conned into losing money. Avoid them like the plague. Go elsewhere. There's Sweetwater, Pitbull Audio, RNA Music, etc etc etc.

2018-06-03

Unauthorized debit

"Never really had any problems with them, but they recently debited my card unauthorized.

Indeed I was past due on my latest payment & I needed to pay it anyway. They debited the card I had used for a one-time payment.

2018-05-23

Horrible experience with a return.

"Zzounds shipped what appeared to be an item that had been returned by another customer and that was malfunctioning Took 4 days to get a return authorization. Zzounds, paid for return shipping but it took 7 days to get there. Another four days until the return was authorized. I received an email indicating the return has been processed and a full refund had been issued. Not so, no money had been returned to my bank account. I contacted Zzounds, who indicated that it would take up to five days for the money to be returned. They blamed it on the bank. Not true... This is a Zzounds issue. Zzounds website indicates the following as one of the five reasons to purchase with Zzounds (LOL) :
"4. zZounds makes returns super easy
Buy it, try it, like it, or return it to us for a full refund. It‘s just that simple. If you‘re not in love with what you bought, return it to zZounds within 45 days, and we‘ll promptly arrange for an exchange or a refund. No hassles. No hidden charges. And if a product‘s defective or damaged, call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll email you a prepaid shipping label so you can easily return it to us at zero cost to you."

There as no prompt authorization for return, and not easily returned. I don't think that over 3 weeks to complete a return would qualify as prompt or easy. Steer clear.

2018-05-23

Absolutely Awesome!!

"I have purchased from zzounds 3 times and have been beyond satisfied each and every time!! Their customer service is some of the best Service I have ever recieved I will happily do more business with this company again and again!"

2018-05-20

No Accountability for Delivery

"I paid for a Fender Telecaster that was supposed to be delivered in April. After a couple of weeks of waiting for my purchase to arrive, I advised zZounds that my purchase never arrived. They told me to track it with FedEx who had assigned the package as delivered. I advised both organizations that I had no guitar, and each organization is claiming they cannot honor my claim for the guitar that I paid for (but never received). I'm holding zZounds responsible because they should have never shipped my guitar without requiring a signature from me to guarantee delivery. As it stands, neither zZounds nor FedEx can prove that they ever delivered my guitar to my house or anyone else's. It is now 2 months later, and I have no guitar and I'm still haggling to get my money back if I can't get the guitar I ordered in the first place. "

2018-05-20

100% Satisfaction!

"Recently purchased a fender Pro Stratocaster and Marshall code100 amp using their payment plan without any problems. Transaction went smoothly, shipping times are fast and customer service was great. Buy with confidence."

2018-05-01

Don't buy anything fragile or anything you need right away. Great prices otherwise.

"TL;DR: Zzounds is cheap but they aren't good at what they do, customer service will make you jump through hoops. Avoid if possible.
I carefully purchased lots of equipment when I was prepping to go on tour. I had time and was weary about shipping but their return policy seemed legit, so I trusted it. Long story short, I bought a Taylor Guitar and lots of odd equipment, all overnight shipping and the guitar showed up broken 3 weeks later. All the equipment shipped fine except some items were delayed weeks without notice until just before they shipped. The guitar shipped 3 weeks after ordering, sent ground instead of overnight. When it arrived, the package had been crushed and the case was broken, electronics were rattling inside the guitar when played loudly. At this point I had to take it on tour anyway because I left the next day. I finally had a chance to return 3 weeks later (45 day return policy), and I called and asked if they could overnight the replacement. They said yes, I dropped off the guitar at UPS, then Zzounds called and said the guitar was on back order indefinitely, so I was without a guitar again for the remainder of the tour. They did refund. Guitar Center came through and got me the same guitar, damage free overnight for almost the same price.

2018-04-18

First and Last Purchase

"Won’t buy from there again, order didn’t show up. "

2018-03-23

Marcellus Rules!!!

"I spoke to a customer service gentleman named Marcellus. I was inquiring about the payment plan for a Gibson Limited Edition Les Paul Studio Elite. This guy was genuinely super cool. My plan was to decide when to buy this beauty based on the info I got. Marcellus was so on point that I purchased the guitar right away. The 12 month payment plan is the best you're going to get anywhere. I will receive it in 2 days and confident it will arrive on that date. I have read other reviews trashing defective products but Im very confident when it comes to Gibson craftsmanship and if for whatever reason it is damaged there is a 45 day return policy.
A Huge "Thank You to Mr. Marcellus!!!"

2018-03-11

Ripoff

" I bought a brand new guitar amp from Zzounds. It was the Bugera 1960 Infinium. Within hours of opening the amp and setting it up, the power transformer malfunctioned and the back of the amp started smoking. I took it to an amp tech who diagnosed the bad transformer. I contacted Zzounds for a return, then after I shipped it back they had the nerve to charge me for return shipping, on a piece of junk that they sold to me. Needless to say, I will never spend another penny on either a Bugera product nor on such a horrible rip off company like Zzounds. "

2018-03-07

DEFECTIVE INSTRUMENT SOLD

"I ordered a my boyfriend’s dream bass for him for Christmas this year after working for months to be able to afford it. I ordered the bass from zzsounds.com in mid December and it’s been on it’s original shipping packaging since then as my boyfriend has been shopping around for an amp, and when he finally found one he liked and went to try his bass out, he noticed the neck was twisted. Zzsounds.com sold me a defective instrument and refuse to exchange it due to a 45 day return policy, even though they should have CHECKED the quality of the instrument BEFORE it was sold to me. I will never patronize them again and will let my friends and family know to do the same. "

2018-02-20

Hope you don’t ever need to return anything!

"I’ve been a customer at Zzounds for a few years now. Until now I have been satisfied but that all ended when I received an item that was not functioning as it should. They told me it would take up to two days just to get a return authorization! Really? At Musicians Friend you get the return authorization in 30 minutes. I go onliyan chat with a Person named Michael who was the rudest most condescending person I’d dealt with in a long time. When I asked to speak with a supervisor he gave me a phone number. I called that number and it was one of Zzounds main numbers and that person refused to let me speak to a supervisor either.. This was the last purchase I’ve made at Zzounds. Heck if I’m gonna get treated like a second class citizen I can just go to the local Guitar Center!"

Share zZounds's store rating