Stores > Gander Mountain

888-5GANDER
      888-477-4040
      service@gandermtn.com
      888-5GANDER

Voice your opinion! Review Gander Mountain by clicking a star below.
2017-08-26

Bad business

"Was told water ski was a slalom ski by a store rep. I asked twice and was told twice it was made for slalom. Got home only to find out it's suppose to be a pair. Took back and was told no refunds. And management very rude. And then pointed at worn faded sign that gets covered up by product. I know store is just changing name and reopening. I will not spend one cent there. All over $35.00 . I see why they are closing. I will research if gander is unaffiliated with any other stores and post it and boycott then as well.

2017-08-22

Worst Company in the World

"Dont do business with this company they are the worst. "

2017-08-20

I would have given zero if it was an option

"Gander Mountain in College Station, TX, is going out of business. Their sales are final. But does that mean they won't care if what they sell is defective? YES! We bought a indoor/outdoor wireless thermometer that doesn't work. The manager of the store, Mr. Clayton Pelzel, told us it would be our responsibility to contact the manufacturer. When I asked him does final sale means they can sell defective product he answered "yes." Just to double check, I asked if I could quote him he said yes without any hesitation. I admire his straightforwardness but I don't think he knows what he stands for. If what Mr. Pelzel demonstrates the image of Gander Mountain I won't be surprised that it is going out of business."

2017-05-28

Terrible customer service at sugarland store.

"I went to checkout with just one item( which was up to 50% off the lowest marked price due to store closing) the lady at the register said $86+ when I pointed out to her that the big red tag on the item says $79.99 she said that she doesn't look at that but only scan it, then she started lecturing me not to belittle her and respect her, also saying " I don't know how you treat women in your country, but respect women" The guy behind me overheard the conversation and told her that she was being racist and asked for the manager. An assistant manager came up and said sorry but he had little interest in hearing what had happened and rang up the item. Store number 00404, cashier#196488. hope the management look in to this and take action for their employees being racist. one of the guys videoed the incident and might see on the social media."

2017-05-26

Don't honor their 60 day return policy

"Brought a pair of pants at the Blaine store in April 2017. There was no liquidation going on at that store. 60 day return policy they said. Tried to return them today/ well within the 60 days and they said NO, because new company owners limited them to 30 days. Will contest the purchase with credit card company. "

2017-05-15

Liquidation scam

"During thier liquidation sale they are having everything in the store on sale, which is false, nothing I bought $320 worth was actually on sale when I went for some AR accessories. But it wasn't the sale I was after, I have a credit card there and didn't mind paying full retail. Upon leaving the store with my purchased valuables never even opened I realized I made some mistake purchases. I went back in to return, as the cashier gives me a panicked look she calls for the manager. Manager proceeded to tell me that all sales are finale. I told her I was not made aware of this at the time of sale. She said we have a sign up, she then uncovered the very sign that was blocked by a coat hanging over it! I was floored. I'm glad this store is closing. What a waste."

2017-05-13

SCAM!! BE CAREFUL ALL!

"Be very careful, there is a huge scam with Gander right now. I was told I could NOT use my rewards certificates which I had earned BUT if I purchased the products I had, then the rewards would be deducted from credit card statement with Gander. ALL FALSE. Gander Credit Card company said this is NOT TRUE. Called Gander Customer Service, they pretty much took it very lightly. it's more of "OH, I AM SORRY." Gander is a good distance for some of us, they are even asking that I bring my products back, I have spent over 8 hours, if not more, trying to reach a resolution. BE CAREFUL. GANDER MOUNTAIN IS SCAMMING PEOPLE. BEWARE!! "

2017-05-06

GANDER MOUNTAIN LIQUIDATION IS A SCAM!!!

"THEY SENT OUT A VERY MISLEADING EMAIL THIS MORNING STATING THE STORE IS CLOSING AND THEY ARE LIQUIDATING EVERYTHING IN THE STORE. UNDERNEATH THAT IT CLEARLY STATED GUNS, AMMO ETC. SPENT AN HOUR TO GET THERE EARLY THIS MORNING AND FOUND OUT NOTHING IS ANY LESS THAN A NORMAL DAY. JUNK IS 50% OFF GUNS AND AND AMMO ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE SUPPOSED LIQUIDATION SALE. aND AS WE WALK IN THE THE DOOR THEY TOLD US THEIR SYSTEM WAS DOWN, NE DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS WOULD BE TAKEN!! THIS WHOLE THING IS NOTHING BUT A LIE!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME GOING THERE. I also got an email yesterday stating LIQUIDATION PRICES, If that's not lying or false advertising I don't know what is!!

2017-04-24

NO SERVICE

"I was looking to buy a pair of work boots, no one was around so I called the store phone number, and asked if someone was working in the shoe department she said no, if the workers that where standing at the check out counters would quit talking to each other's you would sale more things. Not sure why the store was opening, spending money to the electric company I'm guessing, Sorry your store should be working on selling the products in the store, not talking and getting paid to do it! So I walked out to go somewhere else to buy a pair of work boots. "

2017-03-26

Terrible experience.

"Ordered a yeti water bottle through their website during a promotion they had. The minimum amount you have to spend for that promotion was $50 but the bottle was $49.99. I ordered a key chain with it to make it so. They cancelled the bottle and shipped the key chain without any notifications. Pretty much ordered an unwanted key chain. Called them to ask why it was cancelled. They said the item is discontinued then said they don't carry it anymore. I still see it on their website now 2 weeks after my order was cancelled and it still says in stock. This was my first time ordering from them and sure will be my last. "

2017-03-15

There's a reason this company is dying

"Actually there are a bunch of reasons. I ordered a pair of clips for the outdrive on a boat I'm picking up because I don't know if the hydraulic system works yet. I had to order them because my local Gander Mountain store couldn't figure out if they had them in stock or not. Apparently the item number listed on the website, doesn't carry into the store. I don't know how a company expects to have any sort of inventory management if they don't even know what they have in stock. Hello! Anyway, on to the rest of this fiasco. Over a week later and I still don't have the clips. Took three days to ship. They were shipped from Greenville, NC and arrived in Memphis, TN in two days. Sat in Memphis for three and a half days and now they are in Mississippi (I live in Kentucky). Hit the old "chat" button. Operator came on and I felt like I was dealing with a thirteen year old. Told me my scheduled delivery date was on Thursday. I told him no, it says on or before Thursday and there's no reason my item should be sitting two hours from my house for the last three days. Now, my scheduled delivery date is changed to Saturday. Save yourself some time and hassle. Order off eBay, it's easier and faster shipping too. "

2017-03-10

Easy Return???

"Returns are a joke! If you pay online with PayPal they want to give you a gift card if you return in store. My idea of an easy return isn't having to find a FedEx location to drop a return off at. If I didn't pay with a gift card I shouldn't be given one when returning in store. Will never shop at Gander Mountain online or in store again!!"

2017-02-17

Poor business practice

"Gander Mountain sells products they don't have in stock. I contracted Gander Mountain after almost 2 weeks to find out I won't be getting the item I ordered. They didn't care or even act like this was an unusually practice. This appears to be a norm for Gander MTN. Crappy business, stay away."

2017-02-15

$1300 spent and received nothing.

"I had liked gander mountain for a while loved thier store and selection of firearms.. but never really bought much from there. I've been wanting an AR15 for a while and finally saved up the money after a couple months and tried to keep patient.. and finally got the cash up and of course had be researching which model I wanted. I decided on the Smith and Wesson MP15T which was listed for $1100. So I first tried to order online because I already had everything in my cart that I wanted, a scope, foregrip, and a couple extra mags, all in all about $1300.. and it wouldn't let me checkout so ok no big deal I drive 30 miles to the closest one and the lady places the order online at the store and I pay everything up front. Walked out that day with a couple mags and box of ammo. 5 days later they finally say the MP15T is sold out and don't know when they will get any in. They refund the money for that, which I don't understand how you don't know something's in stock but ok I got one somewhere else. But my scope is supposed to be on the way shipped to my house and the forgrip I order was on backorder until the 10th which was like a week away then.. so about a week later I start to wonder where my scope is I track it and it says I need to go to the post office and sign for it and the lady on the phone said the same thing but of course after a bunch of back and forth I finally am told it was shipped to Crouse, NC and I live in Kannapolis, so they somehow shipped it to the wrong address. By the way the lady who placed the order at thier store did use my drivers license for my name and address so I don't know how they could've shipped it to the wrong place. The lady at thier Corprate office gets another one shipped to the correct address and I have to pay for my foregrip agian so she can get that to the address when it comes in stock which should've been that same day. And finally now another week later I call agian and ask where my scope is and they tell me it's out of stock!!! Can you believe that!! And of course my foregrip still isn't in stock and it only says "Backordered. Expected to be back in stock soon" I mean what does that even mean?? When's soon?? So I canceled the entire order and am now still waiting on my refund for scope and foregrip which by the way I was supposed to get a refund for because of all the hassle but have not gotten any refund, she said it would be a couple days and it's been 5.. Smh needless to say I would not recommend you make any purchases online and I definitely will not do business with them agian. I didn't even get an apology or nothing. BEWARE OF GANDER MOUNTAIN!! Also just learned that they are going into bankruptcy. It's too bad though because I really did like there store but that doesn't count for much when they can't provide what they have listed online.."

2017-02-02

item not available but had debt hold

"Placed order online, got email saying order in process and 443 debt hold on my account. Next day email saying item unavailable but unable to release debt hold. Have to wait 3 business days. Should not hold money if item not available and unable to get!!"

Share Gander Mountain's store rating

Gander Mountain is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gander Mountain is not a merchant member
Gander Mountain does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!