Stores > HomeAdvisor

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.74/10 0.74/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.87/10 0.87/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review HomeAdvisor by clicking a star below.
2017-07-10

Eagle Mt Property Solutions

"We worked for home advisor for about 8 months. After numerous jobs for them and a ton of positive reviews we had a mishap with a customer. They wanted to drop us for the misunderstandings and wanted us to redo a very costly job after going way above and beyond. They also charged our company credit card for about $1,000 in leads after we asked them not to and when we asked them about it said," sorry there's no refunds and nothing we can do."
........Bottom line....terrible company to work for all they care about is making money off of their leads.

2017-07-07

Horrible site for customers

"The lists that are generated are often wrong. They do not indicate that none of the contractors may provide services in the needed geographic area. The people at Home Advisor don't care if customers are misled. Calling their customer service number will not help.
Using their site is a colossal waste of time.

2017-07-06

We will give acct credits, but no refunds sir.

"These guys are setup to scam you. As a Pro, I found the leads to SUCKED BIG-TIME. maybe 1 out of 6 would respond to my call-back. After calling my Rep to stop my leads for a long vacation, they were turned back on after 2 weeks. I wasn't back yet. I've asked to have the 3 leads credited, but they denied that request.

So then when I got on the phone to cancel, they said they'd give credit, but that they WON'T credit back my card, just my HA acct, AND told me that if I tried to dispute with the credit card company, they would report the negative balance to my credit report. F__kers!

These guys steal from you and won't give it back even when forced by Visa, they'll screw your credit up.
I hope this saves at least 1 person the wasted time of Home Advisor. NEVER AGAIN.

2017-07-06

Always lying about charges!

"Do not use them. They basically stole money from us by telling us that we could choose from the different leads. Well, you get charged no matter what. We immediately cancelled our account and they told us that we would get credit for the leads. They charge our card anyway. No they are saying that they will not refund our money. Terrible!

2017-07-06

Home Advisor is a SPAM generator: avoid this site!

"I used homeadvisor.com to find a list of local roofers. The site said it would present a list and let me choose which ones I wanted to bid on our job. I didn't recognize any of the contractors on their list, so I chose NONE of them. Home Advisor proceeded anyway to contact ALL of the contractors on their list and give them my name and contact information. This was extremely annoying, and the contractors were not pleased either."

2017-07-01

ZERO STARS!

"These people are scam in every way, especially to their contractors! My husband is a stucco contractor and they keep sending and CHARGING him for leads on "stucco siding". Well folks, there is No Such Thing as stucco siding. He is not a siding contractor. He is a stucco contractor and they do not even have a category for that! We have been fighting their charges for 2 years now. Please do not become involved with them as a patron or a contractor. TERRIBLE!"

2017-07-01

Rigged Reviews: HomeAdvisor.com

"Dead leads, no shows for set appointments. Instead of giving me a list to choose from, they just gave out my number and address!!! Had people just showing up in my yard inspecting!!! HomeAdvisor also didn't post my review about a bad experience."

2017-06-29

Not eve n a 1. They gave me dead lead after dead lead.t

"Terrible they say good leads but dead leads. Some cost over 100$. Cant even make contact with over half of leads we took. No good. BEWARE. Scam"

2017-06-29

Helping the scammers

"I called them because my parents were scammed by a contractor on their site.
They said that it wasnt their fault because they do not background check independent contractors. The guy they recommended was scamming people all over the city. The police were looking for him.
They didn't even care after being told. They are a terrible site...!

Atlanta, GA

Predatory.

"HomeAdvisors has found a money making machine at the expense of hardworking small business owners across America.

If you're a home improvement contractor, run, do NOT walk away! They'll sell you bogus and unqualified leads at extremely high prices. Remember the definition and criteria for a "lead" is:

1. The prospect must own the property they want to improve.
2. They have a genuine interest in having the work done- now or in the future.
3. The prospect is [actually] able to make the buying decision.

HomeAdvisors has sold us many leads "leads", at $108.77 EACH, where the alleged "prospect" is NOT the owner of the property! Just some guy thinking about buying a house and wanting to know how much new windows will cost in order to negotiate the selling price.

We have been sold leads where the "prospect" was tricked into thinking they were reaching out to a particular company, only to fall into HA's underhanded web of tricks they use for lead generation by posing as xyz company. Once contacted by our company, after being sold this "lead" for $60.91, they wanted nothing to do with anyone but the company they were trying to contact as a PREVIOUS customer!

We've been sold countless leads for project types we do NOT offer. Yep, for big bucks! The lowest priced lead we've seen is $40+ and I've been amazed at some of the $21 figures I've seen some people reference on here.

And let me not leave out one of the #1 complaints most contractors voice - not being able to communicate with the vast majority of "leads" they send! ALSO- be careful of MDeskHelp- they'll try to stuff that subscription down your throat!

Yes, their aggressive marketing on both radio and TV is alluring, even more so now that they've acquired AngiesList, and it SEEMS that it will be a good decision to work with them, I strongly suggest you do not ignore the incredible amount of bitter complaints you'll find about this companies practices. I wish someone would start a class action suit against them, it would be a slam dunk!

Predatory scam artists

"Many hours wasted trying to get to the bottom of the several thousands of dollars our small family business was charged for just one week with home advisor. Under no circumstances would I recommend any contractor using this service to grow their business. They are criminals that sell you on a great business idea where you get to set the price you pay per month and then they deliver something entirely different. Leads that you are charged for are mostly fake and for us, they came in huge numbers. All around complete waste of energy, time and money. Please save yourself from this nightmare and go elsewhere to find customers."

2017-06-28

Don't let them sell you on guaranteed work

"As a one man plumbing show just starting out, I decided to try home advisor because I was nervous about the beginning trying to find customers. The preview leads looked good for a couple weeks with 3 or so a day and I was told by the "HomeAdvisor salesman" if I signed up he had all this work for me right in my area. So I forked out the nearly $300 and suddenly the leads disappeared. I got two leads in the next two weeks that were junk jobs just looking for something for nothing. The one offered to pay 50$ to fix a faucet! Good luck making money on that when the lead itself cost 15$ or so. Not a good deal at all. If you are reading this do not sign up for HomeAdvisor unless you want to be scammed and mislead. "

2017-06-26

Greenworks Landscaping and Irrigation -

"We just used Homeadvisor to find someone to repair our sprinkler. We choose Greenworks because of the comments. Once Oscar arrived - one hour late- he indicated our charge was increased because he had to go through a guarded gate to get to our home. Ridiculous. We also wanted the repair done in one day but he said his crew would have to return the next day and thus he would also have to charge us for the crew to come back the next day. Again, ridiculous!
When I said I was going to report him to Greenworks, he said he was the owner. Now I'll give this feedback and go to the BBB.
Never have we ever been told, we had to pay more because we lived in a gated community.

2017-06-26

Hired 4 Pros, wrote 4 Reviews, received $0 of the "$50 Reward" promised for 3 reviews

"Home Advisor has an ad for consumers offering $50 if you hire 3 pros and write reviews on them. As it happened, I needed work done on my home and on a rental home, so hired 4 contractors within about a month. I wrote reviews on all of them. The first two received 4-5 stars; the last two had issues and I rated them 3 stars. Somehow, the last two reviews are "under review" and have been for nearly 2 months. I contacted HomeAdvisor via chat and was told it can take time to verify the charges. That was 2-3 weeks ago! Net, I sense their offer is a scam!

2017-06-23

Rip off!!!

"For any small business owners out there, Don't waste your money on this piece of dog squeeze. It's the biggest money pit. Absolute horrible customer service. Beware!!!!"

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is a Merchant Member! Learn more

HomeAdvisor is a merchant member
HomeAdvisor participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,383 merchant members.